Chapter 7

Ross's POV

I wiped the blood off my chin and knelt down next to Courtney. I held her hand in both of mine.

If she's dead I'm never going to forgive myself, I thought.

I promised myself that I would stay by Courtney's side instead of letting my brothers drag me out of the mansion like they did when I was with Laura. I made sure that they got the message that I wasn't leaving.

"Ross you need to do something other than sit there holding Courtney's hand," Rydel said on the second day of this.

She tried to get me away but I was stronger than her. She challenged me to a fight which I gladly accepted by pouncing at her. She dodged and I went tumbling down the stairs. I got up and fought her. Eventually she gave up and left me alone. I went back to holding Courtney's hand.

Courtney's POV

I felt my heart slow to a stop when the venom reached it. It felt like nothing inside me was working anymore. I could feel something in my mouth. I was growing fangs. Suddenly I felt the thirst for blood hit me like a truck. The numbness was starting to leave my body and the ringing in my ears were fading. I could hear my new family after a few minutes.

"She should be able to hear us now," someone said. It was Rydel. I couldn't tell by the voice because I didn't recognize it but her word choice was what told me it was her.

"How much longer until she wakes up?" one of the guys asked.

"In a few minutes."

Suddenly I started to recognize the two voices. It was Rydel and Ross. The numbness completely left my body and I felt Ross holding my hand. I started to slowly wake up. Then my eyes shot open.