Chapter 10

Laura's POV

I watched Ross and Courtney through the window. Seeing her look hurt made the corners of my mouth turn upward into a smile. It was her turn to be distressed. She ran out of the room. Ross chased after her but I stopped him when he got outside.

"Let me go!" he shouted, "COURTNEY! I'M SORRY! COME BACK!"

I tightened my grip on him. He struggled to break free but I was stronger. I pinned him to the wall and kissed him partially to distract him and partially because it's been so long since I've gotten a taste of his soft, velvety lips. He didn't kiss back. Instead he tried to push me off but I didn't care. After a few minutes he gave up and let his arms hang by his side's while he waited. A few more seconds passed and I pulled back.

"Please tell me you're done," he said agitated.

"Not yet."

"Ugh!"

"I know you missed me."

"I didn't miss you."

"You're happy I'm here."

"No I'm not! Stop putting words in my mouth!"

"That's not at all what I'm doing!"

"Then tell me what you're really doing."

"We were supposed to be together. Not you and that bitch."

"DON'T TALK ABOUT MY WIFE LIKE THAT!"

He broke free from my grip and sent me hurdleing into the street when he did it. He ran away in the direction Courtney went.