Chapter 3- Training A Future BFF

Your POV - Y/N

I stood up from the rock still thinking about the future of this creature and the future of me with it. The Night Fury burned the ground around him and lay down to rest in this akward moment. I walked over to him and tried to touch it but it looked at me and walked away. Then i found the dragon ate fish when it pushed its head into the river trying to catch a fish. So i did the work for it. The dragon lay down in the same spot once again and went to sleep. While i fished my dagger out of the lake and killed a fish to feed the beast. I walked around searching for it but i was so blind to see the dragon hunched up on a cliff and it jumped down at the smell of food.

It walked towards me so i held the fish out to him just really hoping he will eat the fish and not eat my hand with it. The Night Fury came and ate the fish happily but it walked towards me like earlier wanting more. When i came to a dead end once again at the same rock it sat up tall looking down at me. "I dont have any more sorry", i said to the dragon. Once it opened its mouth i saw this dragon was toothless then at that moment it grew teeth and it looked like it was trying to smile at me. I reached out for the second time to touch it but it snarled. So i looked away and held out my hand and about 2 seconds later i felt something i had never felt before. It was scaly,warm and i was so used to it. At that moment i was touched by loyalty and friendship.

The dragon followed me around everywhere. Later that evening i was at the river washing of the dirt on my face when the dragon gave me a raw fish for eating. I was hungry and this dragon wanted to do the same i had done so i ate it and it was disgusting but it did fill me up. That night the dragon lay down and like before i lay down next to him but this time instead of being hit in the face with a tail he wrapped me in his wings and warmed me up. I felt like i hand found my first and only friend in this dark, rugged world.