Chapter 4 - Ready For Flight

Your POV- Y/N

The next morning my Dragon friend woke me up with a boatfull of kisses. I got up and pushed him playfully. I thought of names but my mind went blank at the question. "ember?, Blaze?, Plasma?", I asked Mr Night Fury there about names but he just snarled at them all. "How about Toothless?", I asked him and he licked me so i guessed it was a yes. So i thought about Toothless and his injury in the tail i felt sad but then i got happy when i found out a way to get him flying again. I got cut of thinking when i heard voices up above the crater. I needed to think fast so they would not spot Toothless and kill him. I ran around crazy while Toothless just watched as he did not know what vikings did to dragons. The voices came closer and closer by the minute i saw leather shavings on the walls of the crater i thought there used to be a leather workshop here but it didnt matter right now. "Toothless help if you want to stay alive",I shouted not to loud to the creature. Right away he scraped at the leather on the walls and i collected them. Something caught my eye the vikings near dropped something into the crater. It was a metal pole used to make swords so i took it. I got lessons from Dad on how to make saddles so i was quite skillful with them. 

I quickly made a small normal sized saddle for toothless then remembered the tail fin was missing on Toothless's tail. So i made a replica of Toothless's tail fin and made it with leather and the metal dropped from the vikings. So it took along time to get Toothless but stay still but i managed to get the fitted saddle on his back. I strapped on the tail fin that joined onto the saddle so i could control it. I heaved up the handles and got on. He shuffled and twitched when i got on properly but we got there. I tried out the controlling of the tail fin then remembered the vikings. Voices of them came closer by the second there was no way out but to go up. "HEY  is that A NIGHT FURY", the viking said looking directly at me aiming his crossbow.

So i flipped the tail fin open and me and Toothless knew we had to fly away from the vikings. I was shocked to be in the air once again but instead of falling i was controlling the dragon that was flying me. Toothless shook his head that shook his hole body so i lost balance and fell of.Falling once again i was screaming at Toothless. Toothless flew at top speed but then his tail fin was being controlled so he lost flight and fell with me. I reached out for Toothless's wing but then it was to far away. Then he tried picking up flight and i reached for the wing again and it worked. I heaved myself up onto the body of Toothless then quickly before we hit the water below. I pushed my leg down on the lever and the tail fin shot out and we were in flight. Zooming across the water splashing on us in the wind we were a great team. Back at the crater that now we found as home i scraped more lever and used left over of the burnt metal and used it to make a hook to link my body to his so if i fell i would hang there with him carrying me. I think as a team me and Toothless were a great team and ready for flight!