I Don't Dance- Newt

Newt dragged you to the Deadheads. It was your two year anniversary. He wanted to do something special with you, sure last year was amazing.

So, when you guys got there it was pure paradise. There was this meadow. There were flower petals. There was a table in the middle. Chuck came out looking fancy as possible. He had on what looks like khaki pants but has a grass stain on the knee. He is wearing a button down shirt.

Newt pulls his chair out. You sit in it. He pushes you in, like a gentleman. Chuck came over with a towel over his arm. "What would you like to drink?"

"What do you have?" You chuckled, lightly.

"Water, ice water and water." He smiled to you.

"I'll take the third." Newt said, you simply nodded you head in agreement.

"Okay, to eat we have a special of Frypan's famous bacon sandwich."

"I'd love that," You smiled, Frypan's sandwiches are the best.

"I'll take the same."

Soon after, Chuck brought out your food and drinks. You chowed down. You liked Newt a lot. In fact, you think that you are in love with him. It was simple logic. He made you happy, if he got hurt in any way it would hurt you, if he was happy you were. He was the center to your world.

You thought that it was time to tell you but you weren't sure so you kept quiet.

Newt got down on one knee. He looked at you. "Y/N, I know we are in a horrible place where there isn't much happiness here at all. There isn't much hope. In fact, I didn't have much before you. You have restored it all. You mean so much to me. You are, no doubt, the last thing I want to lose. You are the thought, I fall asleep to and the thought I wake up to. You make me feel happy and cared for. If you thought differently, well your wrong, I want to keep you in my life for as long as possible. I love you, make sure you don't forget that. You own my heart. You are the beat to my heart and the smile to my face. I am in love with you, Y/N."

He pulled out a ring, your eyes watered. "Newt, I-I am in love with you too. It's just we aren't in the right place for marriage-"

He cut you off, "This isn't a wedding ring, it is a promise ring."

He slides it on your finger.

"Let's dance." You pull him up, his arms go around your waist and your arms around his neck.

"I don't dance." He whispers. He twirls you around and dips you, giving you random pecks on the lips.

"You are an excellent dancer."

"Am not because I can't dance." He kissed you as he swept you off your feet.