II Petty Disputes - Newt II

Petty Disputes: 

"Stop being so selfish!" Newt shouted at Anda. He was tired of their charade. There were so many other issues that he had to deal with. A large mix of duties as the second-in-command and internal struggles; neither of which he felt comfortable with sharing. "It's always been about you, hasn't it?" He had a habit of taking out his frustrations and stress out on Anda when they got into their petty disagreements. 

Anda froze before glaring at him, "Yes, Newt, I'm the selfish one. It's never you; it's always me. You're always the saint. You've never done anything wrong, have you?" Her hands were clenched tightly as she stepped back from. "I want you to leave me alone. If you aren't going to apologize, I don't want you anywhere near me." 

With that, Anda left Newt there. She stormed off to find a quiet place to calm down. She was close to saying words that she would've inevitably regretted. Their relationship, whatever it was, was on thin ice. Her words would've only made it worse. 

~

"How long has it even been since the two of you talked? Can't you guys just make up yet?" Minho complained. "I'm friends with both of you, and it is a lot easier when the two of you aren't fighting and ignoring each other." 

Anda sighed, "I'm sorry that my disputes with Newt mess with your relationships, but I am not going to apologize this time. It's always me putting in the extra effort to make it work out in the end." She crossed her arms in front of her on top of the table before laying her chin on them. 

"No," Minho started, "I don't mean just that. Your mood is a lot different now." 

"What do you mean?"

"You've lost your appetite a lot more than usual." Minho leaned back in his seat, "You're sad and down in the dumps." 

The runner wasn't incorrect. Anda was tired a lot more than usual. It was as if she was trying to avoid the thoughts that were telling her that her friendship with Newt was ruined. She took a nap everyday now, and she fell asleep a lot easier. It didn't help that Newt wasn't there to talk with her before they fell asleep. In all honesty, Anda was terrified that that their relationship wouldn't be okay, that they wouldn't be able to patch together what they've ruined. 

Minho waved his hand in front of her face, "See? You keep spacing out too." 

"Screw off," Anda finally answered, "go suck Thomas' dick or whatever else the two of you do together in the map room." 

~

Anda laid in her hammock when a shadow appeared above her. She sat up quickly, moving a bit further away from whatever it was. She stared for a moment before asking, "Newt?" 

"Yes," The shadow answered, "Just follow me and be quiet. It's about time for the two of us to talk." He backed away from her hammock, giving her room to stand up. Once she was up, he began to move away. 

Anda's hand found the back of his shirt, holding it tightly. She was trying to minimize the space between them. It helped make sure she wouldn't run into anyone else. Newt had been there a lot longer than her, and he clearly knew how to navigate through the many hammocks in the dark. It seemed like quite the skill to her. 

Newt led Anda over to the wall before sitting down with his back against it. He patted the ground next to her. "I'll start by apologizing for what I said. It was insensitive, and you're right. I do act like I'm a saint, especially when we argue." 

Anda nodded her head, "I know." 

"I thought about the two of us a lot over these past two weeks or so. I talked with Thomas and Minho. Well, Minho sort of lectured me about how I've been making you feel and hogging Thomas away from his 'duties'. I had an actual conversation with Thomas. The two of them make a bit of a weird team, but that's not the point." 

Anda wasn't surprised. Thomas was one of Newt's closest friends, and he was good at showing Newt a perspective that he wasn't seeing on his own. Minho was someone who would make sure to tell Newt how it was and what he should do straight up. 

"We talked about a lot. I've been working on allowing myself to open up more to Thomas, and I talked to Alby about what stresses me out the most about the job. We're working out what is the best way for me to deal with it without neglecting my duties," Next continued explaining. "I don't just want to be open with Thomas. I want to have actual conversations with you about anything and everything. I want to stop our frequent disagreements and arguments. They hurt both of us, and I don't want them to ruin the relationship we have with each other." 

She nodded, "I don't want them to do that either. I was scared that this argument was going to be the last. You just stopped talking to me. I feel like I hardly saw you, and it felt final to me." 

"It's not. This one was a sign for me. I needed to begin to change, and I knew that it would be best to change a little bit before running back to you. There's something else I need to tell you too." 

"What is it?" 

"I don't want our relationship to be the way it was-" 

"-Well, yeah, isn't that the point of changing?" 

"No, I mean something else too. I want us to be more than friends." Newt looked over at Anda, hardly seeing her outline in the dark. His gaze went down to his hands once more, "I'm in love with you. I know that the way we fight doesn't make it seem that way, but I am. I just keep bottling everything up, and I didn't know how to deal with it. I am trying my best to change so we can work out. I want to show you how much I care about you properly instead of fighting with you to take care of yourself." 

"Me too," Anda's voice was quiet at first. She cleared her throat before speaking louder, "Me too. I love you too. I don't want to go back to the way we were before. I want to be your girlfriend, and I want us to be in a happy and healthy relationship. I missed the way we were when we weren't fighting over something." 

"Anda," Newt smiled, "will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," Anda laughed softly. "Newt, can I kiss you." 

"Definitely." 

She moved her hands, gently trying to find his face. She laughed a bit when she misplaced them. She slowly leaned forward to kiss him. They bumped awkwardly, partially from not being able to see each other. Finally, their lips met. 

------------

Requested by: anta_m

Here you go! I hope it is up to your standards and that you enjoy it. I apologize for the long wait. I won't bother giving any excuses. 

If it does not fit your standards, feel free to request a different one. I will gladly try again. You can also request another one if you like. 

I hope you enjoy it!