Newt Imagine For maxie_rebadulla

This is an imagine requested by maxie_rebadulla. It is set in the scorch, so if you haven't read it there may or may not have spoilers. The chance of this being exactly or particularly very close to the actual book.

I sat there, laying on the bed bored. We had been laying around the three rooms provided to us. It has been two days since we even had the slightest bit of food.

We had been lounging around. Doing nothing, eating nothing.

"Maxine?" Newt called out, walking into one of the rooms. I looked up at him. He smiled sweetly, he sat down beside me on my bunk. "How are you?"

"I am hungry." Was all I said.

He laid down, arms above his head. I laid my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me, stroking my arm in a soothing way.

"What happens when we get out of here?" I asked him.

"Why are you asking?"

"Because, I love you and I want to know what we plan to do." He stays silent. "Oh, unless you don't feel the same..."

"Oh, I do love you but I am not sure about us getting out." I rolled over to face him. I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I will get you out, even if I die trying." I smiled at him. He grasps my black hair and messed with it. He looked into my brown eyes.

He said, "I don't want you to die for me."

"I don't want to live without you," I replied honestly, "So in our future-"

Newt cut me off, "I don't want a big house. I want a small house. With a little me and a little you running around."

I smiled because I loved the idea of us, having kids and getting married.

"We'd get married on the beach. I would have a gorgeous dress and you'd look handsome. Thomas would be your best man and Minho would be my Maid of Honor."

We let out laughs. "We would spoil our kids a little but not to much." He beamed happily.

"We would watch our kids grow. You would be the over protective dad."

We smiled together. Minho walked in a few minutes later. "Oh god, your being all sappy."

"Oh, shut up." I laughed. "You'll get a girlfriend and you'll see."

"Nah-"

Newt interrupted him. "Don't tell me your gay."

"I am not gay, I was going to stay single."

"Oh, sure." I sarcastically said.

He rolled his eyes and walked out. Newt and I laid together for the rest of the day. He twirled my hair until I fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to Newt's face. He held an apple out to me. "Oh my god! Where did you get that?"

"There is tons of food out there." I jumped up, wanting to go get food. I fell down, being weak because I haven't eaten in a while. Newt picked me up bridal style.

"Look!" Minho shouted, "They are practicing for the wedding!"

Laughter spread through the room. It was like the old times, boys chowing down on food. Laughter everywhere.

"We are getting out of here." I whisper in Newt's ear. I hold his hand in mine. We continue to eat our food.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Maxine, I hope you liked it. I did it as fluffy as I could think in the Scorch. It was the only idea that came to mind at the time. This is my first request.