II Jealousy - Gally II

Jealousy: 

Thomas kept getting closer to Delphine. It was like the kid had no idea what personal space was. Actually, Gally was fairly certain that he did know. He just wanted to get close to her specifically. They were going over the game plan for when everyone would head to WICKED, planning to get to the promised paradise.

Delphine was laughing at something the dark haired boy said, and a sick feeling settled into Gally's stomach. There was a connection made soon afterward. It wasn't something he was unfamiliar with. When they were in the maze, he felt it frequently. The feeling went away for a while, and he hoped that the nasty feeling would never return.

Jealousy.

Gally forced himself to look away, not wanting to see the way her hand rested on Thomas' arm. If he did, he would probably convince himself that the other male was purposely flexing as he tried to show off to him.

It seemed like their laughter only got louder as time went on too. Maybe, just maybe, Gally was letting it all get to him. Minho slapped a hand down on his back, not bothering to pretend that he meant for it to be lighter. The ex-runner sat down next to him.

"You are doing a shit job at pretending you aren't in love with her," he started,

"I'm not in love with her."

Minho gave him a disbelieving look, "I don't believe. No one with half a brain-cell would believe what you just said."

Gally glared at him instead of answering properly.

"Seriously, dude, why don't you just tell her how you feel?"

"It's not that easy," Gally answered him.

"It is. Plus, you are getting jealous over nothing."

"I am not jealous."

"You are," Minho disagreed."

"Am not."

"Are to."

"Am not."

"Are to."

Gally finally had enough with going back in forth once his eyes settled back on Delphine and Thomas. It seemed like they managed to be sitting even closer. She might as well be sitting in his lap. What type of friends end up that close anyway? Gally was good friends with her, and they were never that close. Still, that didn't stop himself from wishing that they were that close. "Alright, that's enough."

"As I said, you have nothing to worry about," Minho chuckled as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Thomas is certainly not interested. He is already going through his own internal debate over his love life. He hasn't admitted it out loud yet, but I know its happening."

Gally gave him a confused look. He thought back to his time at the Glade. "With who? I know there was the thing with Teresa, but who else? Was it that Brenda chick?"

Brenda's head snapped toward them, "excuse me?"

"No offense!"

Minho laughed, "No, just think about it."

Gally thought, and he connected the dots. A certain boy with a limp. "Are you sure?" If Minho's words were true, it would be a lot easier for his jealousy to die down. He wouldn't have to worry about what Thomas was doing unless Delphine liked him. That sunk in for a moment.

"Yes, but you still have to confess your feelings to her and ask her out for anything to actually happen."

If Gally ever expected to have a hype man or a wing man, he never expected to find it in Minho. He had to find himself a bit thankful for his encouragement though. He wouldn't admit it out loud to him. He stood up from where he was to walk over to Delphine.

"Hey, Thomas, do you mind giving Delphine and I a moment to talk?"

Thomas looked up at him, rather confused. It wasn't an unfamiliar look on his face. "Yeah, sure." With that, he walked over to where Minho was talking. The two of them ended up getting into a little bit of a debate together over somthing.

He turned to look back at Delphine, "hey."

She smiled, "hey, what did you want to talk about?"

"I have something I need to tell you and get off of my chest. I know that there is a decent chance that you won't end up returning my feelings, but I want you to know them anyway. There's a decent chance we will end up dying anyway, and I think now would be a good time to tell you if any."

She gave him a look, trying to egg him to continue to talk.

"Anyway, I like you a lot," he scratched the back of his neck. He felt awkward as he said it. There were a lot of nerves. He didn't want to ruin the friendship they had, but he knew that he could no longer stay quiet about it either. He didn't want to risk the chance of her never knowing.

Delphine's face lit up, "is that so?" She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Isn't it awfully convenient that I have the same feelings towards you?"

Gally felt like his heart completely stopped, "you do?"

"I do."

He leaned forward and kissed her lips.

"I do have a question though," the tone in her voice was enough to make him nervous.

"Yes?"

"Were you jealous?"

Gally reeled back, "What?"

"C'mon," she laughed, "it was so obvious. I saw your face when I had my hand on Thomas' shoulder. It's okay. We were discussing the plans for later before it drifted off to his own love life. I was not included in that. I mean, really? We hardly know each other."

Gally scratched the back of his neck, "ahhh, yeah, I suppose it doesn't make a lot of sense."

---------

Requested by: dreamesbecometrue

Hey! I'm so sorry that it took so long for me to write. I hope you enjoy reading it. If it does not fit your standards, please feel free to send in another request. I will gladly try again. I hope you like it!

Have a good morning/afternoon/night!