Need You Now(AU)- Newt

Picture perfect memories, scattered all around the floor. Reaching for the phone, cause I can't fight it anymore. And I wonder if I ever crossed your mind? For me, it happens all the time... 

You looked around you, all you could see were pictures. You were debating on cutting them up, like girls in the movies after a breakup. You and Newt just broke up. You weren't handling it so well. Your mind was racing right now. It was thinking of the pros and cons of doing it. Maybe we will get back together, maybe not and it'll help me get over him. Who knows? You didn't know what you were doing now, but you got up. You walked over to your home phone. You dialed Newt's number. 

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now. Said I wouldn't call, but I've lost all control and I need you now. And I don't know how, I can do without. I just need you now. 

It went straight to voicemail. Tears gathered in your eyes, what if he was with someone else. Already over you? 

"Hey," Newt's voice said in the moment before you left a message. 

You heard a giggle, it was yours. "Don't make a voicemail starting like that, I'll call and actually think it is you or something." 

It was still the old message that was there when you were dating. That had to be a sign. You heard a beep. 

"Umm... It is (Y/N). I know I said I wouldn't call, but..." You broke down over the phone. "I l-lost all-l control, and I need you now." You hiccuped. "I don't know what I was thinking-" you stopped and coughed out, you needed to wipe your nose. "I don't know what I'll do with you." 

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door. Wishing you'd come sweeping in like you did before. And I wonder if I ever crossed your mind. For me it happens all the time. 

Newt was at the bar. He was drinking. He couldn't help it, the love of his life broke hi s heart. He lifted up his phone, and saw a voice message. He changed the contact name, it used to be baby. Now it is heart breaker. He grabbed his jacket and slapped a twenty on the bar. He walked out, he pulled the phone to his ear, listening. 

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now. Said I wouldn't call, but I've lost all control and I need you now. And I don't know how, I can do without... I just need you now. 

He made it home safely, he called a cab. It wasn't so hard to find one this late on a Saturday night.  There were drunks and people walking around on every street. He got in and drove home. He pulled out a bottle and drank most of it. Before he knew it, it was gone. He was on his way to the phone. 

You picked up on the first ring, knowing who it was. 

"I know, it is after one. I'm kinda drunk right now. I don't know what to do without you, okay? I get if you can't handle it, but your parents shouldn't come between us. I know they mean a lot to you. I do, really. I just don't want them to get between us too. I need to hold, at least, one last time in my arms." 

"I am on my way." Was the only thing you said before you hung up. 

Guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all.  It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now. Said I wouldn't call, but I'm a little drunk and I need you now. And I don't know how, I can do without. I just need you now. Oh baby, I need you now. 

You didn't even need to knock on the door, you knew the pin. You just hoped that he hadn't changed it. He didn't, in case you came back to him. It seemed like a good idea at the time. You saw him curled up, on the couch. He face was wet with tears. 

"Newt, get up. We are going to sleep in your bed." You helped him up and out of the living room. When you reached his door you opened it. You took him over to the messy bed. You laid him down, he stripped his shirt. You pulled off yours and put his on. It was warm. You laid down beside him. He wrapped his arms around you. 

It was better to hurt, from your parents' disappointment rather than be without him. 

"I am sorry." He whispered. 

"Don't be, I am not leaving again. Anytime soon." 

"Good," He murmured. "Because I need you." 

-------------------------------------

I updated on the right day! This is dedicated to __Dark_Star__. I am not proud to say that I have over three projects do in two weeks and in a week a book report I haven't started. Dear goodness grace, help me. Why are the Newt's always longer?