{edited} Chapter Nine ||Hospitalized ||

Dedicated to myathesmart
for making me laugh. Your comments tickled me.
Thank you. :)

{First published November 2015}
{Edited 6-15-2016}

|| Hospitalized ||

}Avery{

"Okay. Let's see if I have this right." I say watching Jeff pace back and forth across the floor.

"My father Max is actually my Uncle. He's also your younger brother." I pause and watch Jeff. He stops and gives me a slow nod.

"My mother's name was- is Eva. Your younger sister and Max's twin sister. She died giving birth to me. She also made Max my legal guardian. What about my DNA donor? Why did Max take me away from all of you?"

I reach over to the night stand grabbing the cup of water, while I watch Jeff.

The ice has melted a little making the water colder. I sigh as it moves down my throat.

Jeff finally stops pacing and turns towards me.

His arms crosses in front of his chest, "Your DNA donor as you put it was never found out. Eva wouldn't tell any of us. And as of Max taking you away, well he thought it would be safer for you. Maybe Eva told him something and that's why?" Jeff looks lost in thought.

My eyes narrow on him, " Why?"

A knock comes at the door as Jeff opens his mouth to speak. He lets out a relieved sigh and snatches the door open.

A tall lanky man with graying hair moves into the room. He's carrying a black bag and my heart speeds up just a little.

"Avery," Jeff gives a little smile, " This is Doctor Keen."

A sneer forms on my face. I can't help it. I don't have the best memories where Doctors are concerned. My time at the Looney bin wasn't all that grand. They had several different methods when it came to treating me. Not all of them good.

Dr. Keen places his bag at the end of the bed. "Your color looks much better Miss." His voice is raspy and old.

I just give a nod which he returns with a smile.

Jeff takes his spot in the chair as Dr.Keen moves to me. He checks my heart and lungs. Next comes my throat,ears and eyes. A normal type of check up.

"You've improved more than what I thought. But still a little dehydrated. Let's finish off the fluids left in the bag and you'll be good to go." He rasps out his voice becoming softer and softer the more he talks.

I look towards Jeff. He holds my eyes for a second and then turns toward the Doctor.

"Thank you Tom. Is Avery aloud out of bed?"

Tom, Doctor whatever he's called looks at me with beady eyes. He nods his head,"Yes. After the fluids and she eats something. Broth would be best and only a little."

"I'll walk you out and Avery I will be back with some food."

"Sure" My voice is whisper as I look out the window. Trees full my vision with orange and pinks lighting up the sky. It's almost dusk. Another day gone.

Once I hear the door closing my tense muscles loosen and my breathing comes easier. I doubt I'll every be able to trust any type of Doctor again.

I'm curious why Max thought I'd be safer away from family. Blood. You'd think this would be the safest place and considering what happened to him makes all the more sense he should of kept us here. What about my DNA donor? Not in the picture isn't a good enough answer. Something else is going on here.

My eyes close on their own accord and I decided a short nap won't hurt.

It never happens since Cameron skips into the room like a hyper child, Aden on his heels. Those two are never too far apart from each other.

"What did Tom say?" Cameron asks bouncing on his feet.

I watch his movement, " I'm fine."

That earns me a smile from Cameron and he claps his hands together like an excited school girl.  Yellow and pink ribbons spin about his body. I watch them twirl and twist.

"Sooo. What do you think?" He asks setting at the end of the bed.

"About what?" I ask. What is he talking about. My head tilts as I watch the ribbons speed up.

"About being an Empath silly and living with shifters."

His smile slowly falls as he takes in my face. The ribbons shift. Green. Grey. They blink out entirely.

"What do you mean?" My voice comes out quite.

Cameron sports a frown and looks towards Aden who just shakes his head.

"Um..., Didn't you and Alpha talk?" He asks wringing his fingers.

"I talked to Jeff." I say looking at him.

Cameron gulps and gets off the bed, "Maybe we should leave."

"Ya think." Aden snaps.

They move towards the door but stop  when Jeff opens it and comes in almost smacking Cameron in the face.

"What are you two doing in here?" Jeff snaps moving toward me with a tray. He places it on my lap.

I look down. A small bowl holds chicken broth and off to the side is crackers. I didn't even realize I was hungry till the smell hits me.

I pick up the spoon, not looking at them as I answer Jeff, "Cameron was just explaining something about me being  Empathetic, shifters and someone called the Alpha." I say smoothly and start to eat. It's delicious.

I hear a yelp and a growl making me look up.

Cameron is now hiding behind Aden who looks bored while facing a pissed off Jeff.

"Sorry, " Cameron squeaks out like a mouse, "I thought you told her."

"No. I was going to wait." Jeff barks out, "Leave."

I smirk as Cameron runs out the door with an irritated Aden.

"You have some explaining to do." I say in a sing song voice which comes out rather creepy and go back to eating. This broth is really tasty.

"I'll go get Shelly. Your fluids are done."

I look over and sure enough the IV bag is empty and I hear Jeff leaving the room.

So. He doesn't want to explain what Cameron meant. The only thing that makes sense to me is that we all should be hospitalized.

Please show your love :)
vote
comment
share
follow.
Thanks so much :)
xoxo Ash

Can we get 40 stars and 15 comments.
Can we do it?

Ps- Go check out some of my others works. Let me know what ya think. :)