{edited} Chapter Twelve ||Bothersome Itch ||

{First published November 2015}
{Edited 6-15-2016}

|| Bothersome Itch ||

}Avery{

"What just happened?"

My eyes flick over to Cameron, standing at the edge of the dock.

His arms are laying loose at his sides with his head moving back to me and where Kayden disappeared through the trees.

Those damn tingles is what happened. Always bothering. Running along my skin. Buzzing and vibrating.

The wind blows across the lake, chill bumps pop up on my exposed shoulders and neck. Time to get out. The lake done it's job.

I glide through the water liking the feel of it as it kisses my body. My hands land on the deck making a wet smack.

Cameron jumps and squeaks, "Ahh, Avery."

Pulling myself up onto the deck, Cameron makes an embarrassed sound turing around.

It's like he's never seen a naked girl before. I'm not nearly naked. That naughty bits are covered.

"Are you an innocent Cameron?" I whisper making it sound like our little secret. He makes a chocking noise.
Maybe he is.

I wouldn't know being innocent and all. Evan and I, well we never made it that far.

My shorts become difficult as I pull them up my wet thighs. Ugh. Wet skin and clothes has a disgusting feeling to them.

My tank comes on much easier and I hook my fingers in my shoes. I'd rather carry them then get a wet sink in em.

My toes sink into the warm sand, "Are you coming?" I ask Cameron knowing his back is still turned away from me.

"Yep." He runs to catch up falling in step as we make our way to the tree lined path leading back towards the house.

"So, what happened?"

"What do you mean?" I forego confusion watching where I place my feet on the packed dirt.

"Don't play dumb." Aden snarls out grabbing my attention from my feet and the path.

Where'd he come from?

My head snaps up fast, my eyes growing colder and deathly as I pierce Aden's silver eyes with my dead ones.

My eyes flicker over his body seeing his muscles tense up. He's either afaird or is ready to sprang at me. I doubt he's scared.

I smile my doll like smile and start walking once more.

I hear air leaving lungs in a whoosh. Cameron. I did scare him when I snapped around. I felt it.

Both him and Aden is rather curious to me. So different but able to form an em-bond.

A humorless chuckle leaves my lips. My life was much saner being locked away. Which is insane if you ponder about it.

I feel a tinge of frustration laced with disappointed. I glance over my shoulder looking at Cameron. He has that gorgeous dimple smile out in full force.

These emotions aren't mine nor his. What's going on now. My eyes flicker from side to side. Looking for someone in the trees.

A need so strong hits me. I stumbled and a gasp falls from my parted lips.

What the hell?

"Avery, Are you okay?" Cameron asks bending down a little, looking at my face.

You have to give the boy his props for following the no touching Avery rule.