{edited} Chapter Twenty || Pine and Fresh rain ||

{First published January 2016}
{Edited 6-16-2016}

|| Pine and Fresh rain ||

}Avery{

I follow Kayden through the trees outside of the house. Is the grave yard this close?

"Careful." Kayden says softly, catching me from falling on my face.

"Yeah." I say weakly.

We've walked a  couple of minutes through the trees and over a tiny stream my eyes locked onto Kayden as he moves. I can see the muscles shift underneath his black shirt causing me to bite my lip. And his butt. My god who know a guys butt would be something worth watching as he walks through the woods.

"So. This doesn't need to be awkward between us." Kayden says looking over his shoulder. A smirk lights up his face when he says where I've been looking.

Kill me now. I look anywhere but at him.

"It kinda of does though." I mumble biting my lip.

He chuckles, "Yeah maybe."

We break through the tree line.

"Where are we?" I ask looking around.

We're in a small clearing with another cabin. Not as big as Jeff. It's like a cute two story cottage. Not big, big bot to small either. Just homey.

"My place." He says walking around the cabin to a black dodge truck.

You gotta love a dodge man. Am I right?

He opens up the door for me and I climb up.

"You live by yourself?" I ask as he gets in the driver side.

"With Nick." He smiles and starts to truck.

It rumbles to life.

"Oh."

We pull out of the simple gravel drive, heading straight. As count fifteen small drives ways as we follow the road, threading around trees. Is that how many people live here?

It's not to long before we're stopped at the end off the road. The grave yard right in front of us.

"Its nice." I say looking out the window to the gate of the grave yard.

I've never visited a graveyard before. I've always found them creepy and sad at the same time. But nice. In a calm kind of way. I guess.

I climb out of the truck and a shiver goes up my spine. Not the kind I get from Kayden.  It's the cold kind of shiver, you get when you feel eyes on you.

"Are you ready?" Kayden asks softly.

I'm stopped right in front of the gate.

Am I ready no. But I have to be-need to be this is a long time coming.

I nod and follow him through the gate.

We walk among the cobble stone paths between grave stones.

Some grave markers are  so small you barley notice them. While others are huge with statues adorning them.

We stop at a small willow tree in the left back of the area. I look at Kayden and  he nods his head.

I guess this is it. Which makes sense. Dad always loved willow trees.

I walk forward to the knee high black stone.

A paw print is carved at the top along with....

Maxwell Lee Blackwell
A cherished brother
A beloved father
Always in our hearts