{edited} Chapter Seventeen || Truth ||

{First published December 2015}
{Edited 6-15-2016}

|| Truth ||

}Kayden{

His skin ripples with tension. He's so pissed. Upset. How could they let Avery know about their connection. Yeah it was for a good reason, but he should of been the one to tell her, not them.

His wolf growls out, clawing at his skin. Wanting out. Wanting to get to Avery.

No longer hearing Avery's soft steps he explodes. He lashes out the wall becoming his victim.

Kayden slams his right fist into the wall. Wood and dry wall splinter breaking apart forming a hole around his hand. His hand and knuckles are bloody, dripping onto the wood floor. He barley notices, touching his forehead beside the hole.

His breathing is labored. Too many thoughts fighting for dominance in his head.

What are they to do about Avery. To much stuff came out all at once. Her telling of that night she lost Max. Her powers forming. Being in a mental home. The ribbons. So much stuff that he doesn't know where to start. How to process it all. His hackles raise when Dean filters into his mind. Avery is Deans empath. He knows it's not the same thing as his connection. It still bothers him.

"Feel better brother." Nick says.

"No." Kayden stands up, turing to face Jeff and Nick.

Both men look as lost as he does.

"Well, that was insightful." Nick smiles.

Kayden gives a snort. Insightful his ass. This has turned into a mess.

"What now?" Nick asks. His eyes boring into Jeff.

"This is all new. We know nothing about these Ribbons Avery talked about. It's unknown. She's unknown. A whole new breed." Jeff lets out a sigh and takes a seat.

"Do you see how healthy she looked though. Whatever she did to Brann nourished her." Nick comments seating down across from Jeff.

Kayden still standing. His leg bouncing. He can't sit. He needs to run. Feel the dirt beneath his paws.

Yeah he noticed Avery looked healthier too. Her face filled in a bit, No longer having a hollow look. Her pale skin got some light back into. Her energy stronger too. She feed off Brann. Kayden was surprised that it didn't disgust him. He was just glad that she looks more alive now.

"I think Cameron was right." Kayden grunts out, "She feed off Brann."

"And Jimmy. That day out at the beach. It seemed she was doing the same thing. Taking his pain away. Feeding off of it." Kayden says.

"It's a possibility." Jeff says not sounding convinced.

"What now?" Nick looks to Jeff.

"We unlock her emotions. That's where we will start." Jeff frowns. "I'll call around and see about the other stuff."

"She's not going to like it." Kayden snaps.

He doesn't want to push her. Make her do anything against her will. It rattles his nerves.

"If she goes insane?" Nick voice the very thought Kayden didn't want to think about.

"She won't." Jeff says calmly looking at Kayden knowing his need to protect Avery was riding him hard.

"She has Kayden. And apparently Dean to help filter her emotions if it comes to be to much."

Nick scoffs, "How much help could Dean be. He's in the rage. Been there for  who knows how long."

"It has to be enough." Jeff states.

Yes it will. Kayden won't lose her.

"I'm going for a run." Kayden moves towards the door, Nicks voice stopping him.

"You want company?"

Kayden nods and leads the way.

As soon as his feet touch the grass. He shifts welcoming the warming of his blood. His bones breaking and reforming.

His paws touch the ground. A howl fills the air as he takes of towards the trees. A slightly smaller brown wolf at his side.

He needed this. The forest smells fills his snout.

A yip has his head slightly turing, Rabbit Nicks growls the thought into Kayden's mind.

He takes off in the direction as Nick did, nipping at his brothers tail. It feels good to run with Nick.

Kayden finally feels calm. The pack bond doing its job.

A flash of black moves through the trees as Deans thoughts fill the two brothers head.

Hunt. Feed. More wolf than man. The black wolf joins in.

Kayden growls but does nothing else. He knows he's more dominant than the black wolf. He has nothing to fear from him in this form. They're pack. Pack means everything. A wolf is nothing without his pack.

Eventually Kayden will make piece with Avery being Deans empath. His lips curl in a wolf-ish smile.

He howls causing the other two wolves to join in as they hunt as a unit.

thanks for reading.
Show some love ;}
vote
comment
share
follow me.
Thanks so much.
xoxo Ash