{edited} Thirty~Four ||Not Normal||

{First published April 2016}
{Edited 6-19-2016}

|| Not Normal ||

}Avery{

Opening my eyes I groan. My head is pounding. This bed is oh so soft. Looking up I see a white ceiling with two huge sky lights. The sun is setting washing the sky in lights of orange and  soft pinks. My eyes flick down to the pale blue walls. The color of my eyes.

Where am I?

I look to the left and jerk backwards, holding in the scream. Cam is laying down beside me. It's deja vu. What's with him and laying in beds with me while I sleep.

"What happened? I ask rubbing my hands on my tired face. I feel exhausted.

"Here." I look at Cam holding a glass of water and two pills in his hands.

I take the water and gulp it down. My tongue finally comes un-glued to the roof of my mouth.

"What's the pills for?"

"It's for the blood loss." I stare at him. His eyes on my face. No, not my face but my neck.

I gasp as it all comes back to me. Biting Dean. Kayden biting me. All the blood. Dean soft sweet voice. The onslaught of my emotions. I don't feel anything like that now though. Why? All I feel is calm.

I toss the pills back and finish off the glass of water handing it back to Cam, now sitting crossed legged on the light grey bed spread.

"Why am I so calm?" I asked wide eyed. Trying to feel panic or fear. Nothing just content calmness. Shouldn't I be freaking out?

What the hell.

It's not like I'm complaining or anything it's just that I don't want something else to be wrong with me. Something else that's broken. A normal person would be freaking out. Right?

Cam nods his head to the end of the king size bed.

My eyebrow cocks up and I raise up on my elbows looking down the length of the light grey blanket.

A fluff of snow white hair is the first thing I see. So bright against the black silhouette of the tree on the blanket.

Dean.

His head is laying on the bed, face pointed away from me. My eyes follow the chiseled pale muscular arm that disappears underneath the covers.

I gulp and slowing pull the cover up. His large hand is resting on the top of my foot. Making in appear so much smaller than the size seven it is.

I wiggle my toes and gasp as his hand tightens on my foot. It feels like hours before it relaxes once more.

I slowly look back at Cam. He has a cheerful smile plastered across his face.

"SO, it seems that your more than extra special. You, my dear are super extra special and have two life mates."

I want to be mad. I want to scream. Cry. But all I feel is this absolute calmness. My hand still fly's out and smacks Cam in the leg.

He smiles bigger.

I look back down at the sleeping boy. No not a boy. He's well past that, at the end of my bed. What am I to do?

"Kayden." I gasp looking back at Cam, "He's okay, right?"

I feel like freaking out but can't.

"Yeah." Cam says softly, "But not for very long." Cam gives me a knowing look.

Another bite.

"You can't cut your self off this time. You scared me. Scared everyone."

I nod my head.

"I know." I whisper out. Remembering their fear. The looks on everyone's faces. I was a monster in their eyes.

I flop back down on the bed. Letting out a deep breath of air.

"How long was I out?"

"Almost two days."

I jerk my foot from Dean's  warm  hand. Then I feel it. The need to freak out. My heart beats faster and faster. My stomach tumbles with the fear. The guilt. My uneasiness about having two mates. How does that even work? I turn beet red just thinking about it.

"Avery. It's alright."

I nod. Yeah sure. Everything is fine. I didn't turn into a freaky monster. I didn't bite Dean and Kayden didn't bite me. I have no mates. The word is sour in my mouth. Something nasty.

I feel a warm hand wrap around my ankle as calmness engulfs me once again.

I sit up looking into a pair of other worldly copper eyes. Dean as his chin on the edge of the bed. Just looking at me with thoughtful wild eyes. His white eyebrows raised slightly.

"He does that a lot." Cam laughs.

"Does what?" I ask never looking from those eyes. They suck me in.

"Stare at you."

I slowly pull my leg up out of his reach. I take a breath and let my feeling flitter through and file them away to deal with later.

This is my life now. I need to deal with it.

"At least tell me he's dressed." I say looking at Cam with wide eyes.

"Well, we managed to get a pair of shorts on him, but that's about it."

Shorts alright. That's better than being buck naked.

"What happens now?" I look at Cam.

His eyes soften. "One day at a time."

I nod and can't help the small tear the falls from my eye.

"Where am I?" I ask sitting up, looking around the huge room.

"Your room. Shelly finally got it redecorated."

I wince at the way I acted when I first got here. At seeing the pictures. The things from my old house.

"My stuff?"

"It's boxed up."

"Why..."

My words trail off as I feel the bed dip. I look toward Dean. His fully on the bed. His knees blanching at the edge.

Wow. I can see his muscles tense and move.  I gulp.

"He's not normal. Is he?" I whisper not looking away from the breath taking boy, literally on his knees at my feet.

"No. His wolf will still be there. More so than what is normal."

"How long?"

"Who knows. Everyone is different."

I squeak as Dean starts crawling up the bed on his hand and knees. Never taking those bright eyes from my face.

I lick my lips, a nervous tick, I discovered and watch as he's eye zone in on my mouth with a tilt of his head.

"What's he doing?" I snap out. Feeling nervous.

"Uh..."

That's all Cam says as we both watch Dean slowly crawls up the bed. My legs laying between his knees and hands. He keeps coming up and up. Making my breathing pick up. Moving slow and graceful, a predator. I believe I'm his prey.

He's an inch from my face when he stops  crawling. His thick body hovering over me. A tiny smirk comes onto his plump lips, "Avery."

He's so close I feel his breath whisper across my face. My lips.  And that voice. My god. It's the sweetest noise I ever heard. So soft  and lyrical not matching him at all.  I think I'm in trouble.

Thanks for reading.
Show some love?
star
comment
share
follow me.
Thanks so much. Your the bestest.
Ash