{edited} Chapter Sixteen || Rain Line ||

{First published December 2015}
{Edited 6-15-2016}

||  Rain Line ||

}Avery{

My gaze stays out the window, "I was happy. So happy." A small smile forms on my face, "So full of life. When I came home that day. I cracked into a million pieces. Mind. Body. Soul." My head shakes and I turn towards Jeff.

"For a child to see their parent the way I did would devastate anyone. But me. I just had to be different." I say bitterly.

Everyone's attention was squarely on me.

"I think seeing dad lifeless. Just laying there in his own blood is what broke the lock. I didn't really notice it until the ward. Me being weened off the sedatives probably helped. I started to get little blips of feelings. They'd come and go like the wind. Pain. Anger. Were the main two." My cold chuckle vibrates through the room, "The more the medicine wore off the more feelings I got. The stronger they became. To feel all of that on what I was already feeling, going through that would make a crazy person insane. I wanted it out. I wanted it to stop. Eventually I learned to block it out. Barricade it. It just so happens I blocked my own emotions also." I sigh and turn back towards the window. The evening rays shinning through.

"I was blissful empty. I don't want that to change. Then came the ribbons. The ethereal ribbons that floated around and through people. At first I didn't know what I was seeing. I though I really was crazy. The more I watched people the more I figured it out." I turn back towards Jeff. His face blank.

"I was seeing people's emotions. And Here I thought I was a freak in till I came. Then I learned I was just a bigger freak in a freaky world."

"Avery." It's a soft whisper.

My head snaps towards Cameron. Tears track down his cheeks.

"That man out there was not a nice person." I snap, "I could see it. I could feel it."

I turn back to Jeff.

"I hungered for his ribbons. They were so dark. Filled with vile emotions. So I took them." I laugh.

They all stare at me. I can hear the minutes and seconds tick away. Echoing from the big Grandfather clock in the corner.

"I don't know what to say." Jeff shakes his head. "They're so much stuff we don't know about you. How different you are." He steps closer, " I am truly sorry Avery. For an Empath to go through their awakening is very difficult. But for you to have no idea what was going on and the place you were in." He shakes his head looking out the window.

"No wonder your so cold." Cameron mutters.

"That explains some of it. But you seeing emotions shouldn't be possible. Nor you feeding off them." Aden barks out.

"It has to be the Rain blood line side coming through right?" Cameron says excited. He starts bouncing on his toes, "I mean think about. They were the most powerful of empaths. With her DNA its messed it up. Her empath and werewolf bleed into one.  She craves emotions. " His eyes are wide and he gives a nod.

Nobody says anything for awhile. They all just dissect me with their eyes.

"Maybe." Jeff says.

"What's with the Rain blood line?" I ask.

"It's awful. Your not awful I'm… its the story behind the Rain line." Cameron says.

"It happened over a thousand years ago." Nick says his voice very different, like in a story mode, " Rain was a very powerful empath as the story goes. He grew to want more always more. They say he tired to force a bond on the blood prince and a war broke out. The prince killed Rain and any and all followers along with anyone with a drop of Rain blood. For you to have his blood is really impossible."

That's a good way to look at it. Me an impossible creature. I don't know though. I don't know anything anymore, other than I'm drowning in this new world.

"She has to unblock her own emotions before we worry about anything else. "  Kayden snarls.

My eyes snap onto Kayden. They narrow at his hard look. They can't do this to me. I won't let them. It won't happen. The story about Rain already forgotten.

"He's right. " Jeff looks at me, "The back lash from un locking them isn't going to feel good but it must be done."

"Why?" My voice snaps out like a whip.

"For one it's not healthy. " Jeff answers.

"And the other." I snap out.

"It will kill you. " Aden states.

My head cocks. Kill me. How could not having any emotions kill me?

"I had a little sister." Aden's voice strains, "She turned out to be an empath. Unlucky really. She got her heart broken by a boy. A nobody boy. Not wanting to feel the heartache, she blocked out her own emotions. It's not normal and goes against everything an empath is." He sighs and closes his eyes,"Eventually something has to give. The block exploded. Everything she blocked. Every little thing hit her and hit her hard. It overloaded her mind and body. Her heart gave out." He looks at me with hard eyes, " You will not only kill yourself but also Kay." With those parting words he leaves the room.

"And Dean." Cameron mutters following Aden.

My head turns oh so slowly. Kay- Kayden leans up against the wall his eyes squeezed shut.

"Dean. What happened with Dean?" Jeff growls.

"It's not what you think. Avery can feel him." Nick explains.

I'm guessing Dean is the black wolf in the rage. Wow. This day is just awesome.

"Why would my death kill you?" I whisper.

"Kayden. " I snap.

He sighs and opens up his green eyes.

"Me and you our life mates. My life is connected to yours and yours to mine"

He holds my gaze as I try to figure out what happened. When this could of happened? Me and him? I know it involves some sort of bond between the two people. But I haven't done anything to bond to him. Have I?

Then it hits me. He did this. He did something to me while I was comatose for three days. I let my eyes say it all before I leave the room.

I take the stairs two at a time, going to the third floor.

I don't want to unlock my emotions. I don't want to feel again. But I also won't let Kayden die because of me. I don't feel. Nor do I care. But something in my mind. My heart. My soul won't hear of his death. Of him never living.

  thanks for reading.
Show some love :)
vote
comment
share
follow me. ;}
Thanks so much
With love, Ash