{edited} Tweny-Five ||Can't||

{First published February 2016}
{Edited 6-17-2016}

|| Can't ||

}Kayden{

Kayden watches Cam, rush into the kitchen and flip the lock.

His body tense. It sends an uneasy feeling through Kayden.

Why is he just standing there, he's suppose to be teaching Avery.  And why in the hell did Cam lock the door?

Kayden's muscles ripple as he moves towards the door, ready to unlock it and go to Avery.

He never makes it.

A growl rips from his throat at the sight of Avery on the other side of the glass with Dean so close.

"Damn it Kay, you scared the crap out of me." Cam's hand clenches at his chest.

"What is going on?" Kayden snarls out coming to a stop in front of the handle of the door.

"Um….." Cam shifts from foot to foot, looking at Kayden and Avery with Dean.

"Cam." The words can barley be made out.  More growl than words. Kayden is beyond pissed.

He doesn't know what is going on. Seeing Dean's huge form an inch away from Avery has his heart pumping and his wolf scratching at his insides.

"Jeff wanted me to work with Avery today."

"I know that Cam. What is Dean doing here?"

"That's the thing." Cam shifts again now completely facing the two in the yard. "He wanted to see if Avery could bring Dean out of the Rage." The last bit is a muttered whisper that still reached Kayden's sensitive hearing.

A knot forms in his gut from the words Cameron is not voicing.

The bond. Avery and Dean will have to strengthen the em-bond for this to work. She'll have a bond with someone other then Kayden. What does this mean to them and their own uncompleted mate bond. Kayden's hands clinch. He does not like this one bit. The uncerintiy of it makes him sick to his stomach.

Could Dean somehow take her away from me.

Kayden shakes his head with the thought. He will not go there.  Not now. Not ever.

"Hey guys….." Nicks voice trails off as he finally notices the tension in the kitchen.

Aden slips in beside Cam as all four guys stand in a row, looking out at  a very scared Avery and the mighty black wolf.

"Is it working." Aden asks.

"I don't know. I can't feel anything." Cam grunts out in frustration, eyes on the pair in the yard.

Kayden reaches for the handle getting ready to rip open the door at the helpless look Avery sends over her shoulder.

"Don't" Cam grabs Kayden's wrist. "You can't. Not yet."

Kayden's teeth lengthens as he fights the wolf inside.  Both man and wolf want to stop this. Get Avery away from Dean.  Kayden stops taking in a deep breath, letting the rational part of his mind rule.

His hand drops from the handle causing Cam's hand to drop also.

"This is a good thing Kayden. For Dean. For the pack." Aden speaks out.

Kayden knows this is the best for Dean and the pack. But its also something unknown. Avery is unknown. No one really knows what's going to happen. Avery has already changed so much of what they know. An empath has never formed a mate bond with a Wolf nor has a female empath formed an em-bond with a male wolf. Everything is so different. How will this effect Kayden and Avery plus Dean getting thrown into the mix.

"Ahhh." Avery's fearful yell has Kayden latching onto the door handle in a second. Hands wrap around his arms pulling him back and away from the door.

Kayden snarls and growls. His skin ripples from his wolf wanting out. To protect.

"Stop it." Nick grunts out as Kayden struggles to rip Aden and Nick off of him.

"Calm down and look." Cam shouts out.

Kayden freezes and looks back out the widow. His heart stops and his muscles loosen out.

The guys let go and Kayden moves closer to the door. Nose touching the glass. Dean's massive head lays on Avery's thigh. A growl forms. He can't help it. Dean is so close to what is suppose to be his.

Kayden's heart fractures a tiny bit as he watch Avery's tiny hand run through Deans fur.

"That's good right?" Nick questions looking at Cam.

"Yeah." Cam has a smile on his face.

It's for the best Kayden thinks. He has to let this happen no matter how bad it hurts him.

"Now what?" Aden says.

With a deep breath Cam says, "Now I go out there, hopefully Dean doesn't take me as a threat and I coach Avery on the next steps."

"Well, you better do it now, I think she's falling a sleep." Nick chuckles.

It burns Kayden to his core seeing how comfortable Avery is with Dean.

"Yeah." Cam sighs.

"Where are you going?" Nick asks as he sees his brother leaving.

"I can't watch this any longer." Kayden grunts out not stopping.

He knows it's for the best. That this has to happen. He doesn't need to watch it happen. He can't. With a sickening feeling in his gut he leaves the house.

Thanks for reading.
Did you enjoy it?
Fan :}
vote
comment
share
follow me.
Thanks so much.
xoxo Ash