{edited} Thirty~ Six || Complete ||

{First published April 2016}
{Edited 6-19-2016}

|| Complete ||

}Kayden{

Kayden runs his hands through his thick dark hair for the millionth time. Warring with himself. Should he go to Avery and apologize for the bit or should he wait for her to come to him? He doesn't know.

He growls out in frustration, going back to setting on the edge of the bed.

He should of went about it a different way. But he freaked. Seeing Avery all cold and closed off again was horrible. But the blood on her pink lips. The tag, life mate mark on her neck, that wasn't his. Sent not only him but his wolf over the edge. He was scared, acting out on those feelings and only those.

It stopped his heart seeing Dean forever blazed into Avery's soft skin. His thoughts were flying crazily through his head.

How can this be?
Am I not her mate?
She means everything to me.
How can she have another?

Kayden did what he needed to do. Had to do. There was no stopping it. At least he knows it took. That the bond is one step closer to being full.

He can feel her now. Not only physically but mentally too. That has him breathing easier knowing the most precious thing to him wasn't going to be taken away from him. That he still has her.

He feels guilty to. He can't help but feel that way. Knowing that Avery has no bad feelings for him makes that guilt triple.

How can she not hate me? After what I did.

He shakes his head, snapping his teeth. He feels so ashamed.

A knock on the door has his head snapping up.

He inhales deep, snow, something dark, and a cinnamon scent fills his nostrils.

Avery. Dean. Cam.

Should he answer. He's panicking just a tiny bit.

He watches wide eyed as the door nob turns every so slowly.

His skin starts to hum as Avery comes through the door followed by Dean.

He expected to feel jealousy or hatred towards the other guy but nothing comes.

Kayden wants to cross his arms, but decides against it. He doesn't want to seem mad or cocky instead he rests his arms on his thighs, hands clasped between his legs, and his head down.

She must hate me.

It may seem that he's looking at the floor but he's not. Oh no. His attention, his whole being is focused solely on the beautiful girl standing right in front of the door way.

Every time he sees her it's like the first time all over again. His heart jumps and butterflies swarm around in his stomach from nerves and excitement. He hopes the feeling never fades away.

"Kayden?" her soft voice floats to his ears. His eyes close on their own at the pleasure he gets from just hearing her speak.

He jerks at the feeling of cold hands on his wrist. His eyes open seeing Avery looking at him with concern, down on her knees in front of him.

She takes each of his hands, threading her slim fingers through his. Their hands are a perfect fit together. A match made in haven.

Her ice blue eyes are full of worry. "Are you okay?'

Kayden nods slow. At a loss for words. He wasn't expecting her to feel this comfortable around him. He would never imagined that she would grab his hands.

"Your not mad?" His voice is husky and low.

He smiles watching Avery shiver.

"No." She says softly.

That's good he thinks. Knowing how she feels is one thing. Hearing it come directly from her is different and he feels a weight lift of his shoulders.

Pride feels him as he lays his eyes on his name. Kayden in soft silver.

Mine. She is mine.

His hand cups her neck, thumb sweeping softly across his name. All his worries about losing her fades away. He thinks the gods from making someone so special to be his for all eternity.

His head tilts as he notices all the markings going around his name. Swirls, looking tribal like, connecting to a small paw in the hollow of her throat and branching out to Deans name.

Another mystery to his mate. One he will think on later.

"Your not upset with me?" Avery asks breaking his thoughts.

"No." His voice is loud and clear making sure she knows he speaks the truth.

"I could never be mad at you." He says, hand finding her cheek.

A tiny smile flitters across his red lips.

Kayden holds back a groan of desire. Wanting to kiss her so bad but knowing now is not the time.

He watches her shift as a nervous feeling comes to him.

"Whats wrong?" He asks running his fingers through her dark locks. He can't get enough of touching her. Never will.

A blush blazes across her pale skin. He can't help the smirk. She's adorable when she blushes.

Avery climbs to her feet, wringing her hands together.

With out looking at him she mumbles, "I need to bite you."

He holds it in as long as he can but the small chuckle comes out.

"I know." He stands up, wrapping his arms around her dainty frame. No, he will never get tired of touching her.

He places a soft his on her forehead and moves laying down on the bed. He's rather not drop on the floor again.

Avery has that deer in the headlights look.

"This is so weird." She whispers moving to the side of the bed Kayden is laying on.

"It might seem weird and upsetting to you Avery, but this is the best gift you could give me." He says stroking her arm.

She nods and with a deep breath and bends over. Lips hovering right above his neck.

He tenses from desire and excitement.

Finally our bond will be complete.

He gasps out as Avery lightly kisses him, a sharp pinch flows through him as her teeth pierce his skin.

He smiles one last small smile as darkness takes him away. The bite doing it's work connecting them forever.

Thanks for reading
Did you enjoy it?
Star
comment
share
follow me.
Thanks so much,
xoxo Ash