{edited}Twenty-Three ||Here Boy||

{First published February 2016}
{Edited 6-17-2016}

|| Here Boy ||

}Avery{

I'm right on Cam's heels as we make are way off the back patio and into the grass. My right hand is clutched tightly on the back of his blue button up shirt. I do not like this fear rolling around in my body or the nervousness. Its stifling.

"Is he out here?" I whisper looking around, like I'm some kind of secret spy.

I stand up on my tip-toes looking over the small fountain of fish. Who has a fountain of fish? I look around the out door grill area. Still nothing. I feel kind of dumb looking around the backyard for a wolf. Fear makes people dumb. My eyes scan the trees boarding the yard. I still can't see anything. A black wolf should stand out in a sea of trees. Right?

"No. Why are you whispering?" Cam is shaking silently and when I tare my eyes from the trees looking at him. My hand releases his shirt. He's laughing at me.

"That's not nice." I flutter my hand around his laughing form. My eyes still flickering around the yard. Could the wolf sneak up on me. I twist around looking behind me, heart pounding. Nothing.

"I know. Sorry."

I look back at Cam.

He smiles. I don't think he's very sorry at all.

"What now?" I bounce from foot to foot. I'm so nervous. And sick. I don't think I can do this. It was so much easier when I didn't have this fear. What a useless feeling.

"You call for him." Cam sits down in one of the red chairs at the edge of the patio.

He left me out in the open yard. The wide open yard by my self. Well, it might not be that big but it feels like a canyon separates him and me. I scoot closer to him but still standing in the grass with the tip of my toes on the patio. Call him. Okay, I can do that.

"Here boy, Here Dean!" I feel like an idiot.

Cam's belly deep laughter has me looking at him. He's laughing again. Why is he freaking laughing? I did what he said to do.

"What?" I snap, crossing my arms over my chest feeling self conscious and a little mad.

"Your not..." Gasp laugh, "Suppose to call him.." Gasp,laugh, gasp, "like a dog." He's laughing so hard his face is turning red.

"It's not funny!" I screech and stomp my foot.

Yes. I did just stomp like a two year old, but this is so stress full and he didn't explain. How else am I suppose to call him?

"Okay." He's still laughing.

I turn around, marching right past him. I'm so done with this. I don't even want to be doing this to begin with and him laughing at me is not helping.

"Stop. I'll stop. Promise. I should of explained it better."

Yes. He should of explained it better. What did he expect when he said call him. It's not like Dean the wolf has a phone. He does have ears. I called.

We're both back in the yard standing beside the fountain. The sound of the tickling water, looses something in me and I relax a little.

"You have to call him mentally. Reach out to him."

"How?" I will not whine.

"You said you felt him. Right?"

"Yeah." It hangs in the air.

"What did you feel?"

"Protectiveness, angry, a feeling of mine."

"What did you feel?" He stresses it this time with wide eyes.

I think back. I felt a need to defend. Protect. It was all tinge with this dark wild feeling.

"A dark wildness."

"Yes." He clasps his hands together.

"You need to look outwards. Feel that dark wildness. And send a feeling of need through it."

"Uh." I start biting my lip. He waves his hands at me.

Okay. Deep breath. I can do this.

I close my eyes. It feels like something jumps out of me as I push. I feel nothing but blackness. It's cold and slithering. I keep pushing and my body starts to shake. My knees buckle just as I touch the dark wildness. I don't know what need necessarily feels like. But I push something towards the dark wildness that's Dean as I crumble onto the ground.

"Avery." Cams cool hands shapes my face. My eyes pop open.

"Yeah." I gasp.

"Are you okay?"

"Mmmm." Its call I can manage other than yeah. It feels like I ran a marathon but I did it. Wait.

"I did it." I gush gasp.

"Yes, you did." Cam gushes with me, smiling.

"Now what?" I ask sitting up.

Oh no. A howl full of desperation fills the air. It's so loud, my hands clam onto my ears.

Fear slithers its way through my body. My breathing start coming fast. That does not sound good.

I look at Cam on a verge of a panic attack.

His eyes are wide, a frown covers his normally smiley face, "What exactly did you send him?"

I clamor to my feet and start backing up towards the patio eyes zooming around the trees. That howl sounded close really close.

"I don't know." I whine breathless. He's going to eat us or something. Oh god. Why did I listen to Cam.

"Avery. Stop moving and listen."

I don't want to. Not at all.

"Avery."

I do stop. Cam has never snapped at me before. It freezes me in place.

"He is coming."

I shake my head back and forth gulping in air.

"You need to stay right here. Or he will hunt you down and everyone in his way will seem like an enemy."

What. No this can't be happening.

"This is your fault." I point my finger at Cam.

He looks over my shoulder, it stops my heart and has me spinning around looking everywhere at once.

Aden, Nick, and Kayden are standing in the kitchen looking at us through the patio door. That's reassuring.  My shoulders relax and I smile lightly. Then I really look and see frowns on the guys faces.

"Whats going to happen?" I gulp looking back to Cam.

He mumbles something under his breath before sending me what I assume is suppose to be a comforting smile. It's not.

"I can't be out here with you. He will see me as a threat."

What? A threat. What about me? Will he see me as a threat too.

He pats my shoulder and goes into the house. I watch as the lock is clicked into place. He locked the door. The freaking door. They're leaving me. Out here by myself. Oh god. I start breathing faster, barley getting any air in. What's going to happen to me? I watch as each boy stiffens. My eyes close. A branch snaps. I think I'm going to pass out. This is is…..

thanks for reading.
Can you Fan ?
star
comment
share
follow me.
Add Avery to your library (to stay up to date )
Thanks so much. Your awesome-saucy.
xoxo Ash