{edited} Chapter Eleven || It's Time ||

{First published November 2015}
{Edited 6-15-2016}

|| It's Time ||

}Kayden{

Kayden moves through the trees, keeping far enough away from Avery so she can't feel him near, but close enough to be there if needed.

His paws sink into the soft soil, Avery's winter scent over powering the forest smells.

He wants to go to her. Rub on her like a dog marking her with his own smell.
A quiet growl comes out at his ridiculous line of thought.

It's killing him. This bond between them and her not knowing. Not wanting his touch.

Kayden moves closer to the tree line watching Avery sitting on the dock. Her feet in the water.

Pride and excitement fills his chest. As his keen eyes take in her small hands rubbing at her arms.

She can still feel me.

A worry he didn't know he had lifts away. Maybe he can start talking to her. Try to form some type of relationship. Completing the bond being the desire result.

He snarls thinking of Jeff keeping him away. It's too soon Jeff says. The sooner the better Kayden thinks.

He hears Cam and Aden coming down the path. He scoots closer, putting himself in front o the trees. His belly dragging in the sand.

His hackles raise as Cam sits down beside of his mate. Even knowing their cousins doesn't help at all.

He doesn't want any male near her in till the bond has formed completely. It's a territorial reaction he can't seem to help.

Aden pauses shooting Kayden a look as he joins Avery and Cam.

Kayden shakes it off not caring. It's been long enough. Him staying away, Well no more.

He smiles as much as a wolf can as Avery says something causing Aden to stomp off towards the trees.

Kayden slinks back into the cover of woods. The shift comes fast in a blink of an eye.

Leaving all 6'2 of Kayden naked as the day he was born standing amongst the trees.

"She thinks me and Cams together." Aden snarls looking at the cousins.

Avery has her ice eyes narrowed at Cam. She could freeze anything with that cold look of hers.

Kayden's smirk can't be helped as he looks at Aden, "Well, what did you expect. She doesn't know our ways."

Aden lets out a grunt, "Can you sense anything from her yet?"

"Emotionally no, but I can sense her physically."

Kayden pauses his eyes glued to Avery, something's wrong. Her muscles are tense, spine ram rod straight.

"She can feel me physically." Kayden says eyes never leaving Avery's body.

I'm just gonna go check it out.

He shifts and moves out onto the beach. Stopping when Avery springs up. A growl forms deep in his chest.

His ready to spring when Avery starts stripping off her clothes. Stunning him to the spot.

What the hell is she doing ?

Clad only in her black silk undergarments, he watches her with astonishment as she jumps into the water.

Huh.

"What was that about?" Aden calls out to Cam.

A bewildered Cam looks at them, "I have no clue. She was asking about bonds and then just.." His hands shake out towards Avery's discarded clothes.

They all watch the surface of the lake. Kayden shifting his weight from paw to paw.

" Shouldn't she be coming up by now." Cam squeaks.

Kayden just stares at the water. Where is she? The water ripples as Avery comes up for air.

She's beyond beautiful.

Her head is titled back, mouth open taking in much needed air.

She slowly lowers her head. Water sliding down her face. Her eyes find him instantly, confirming his thoughts about her sensing him.

"Kayden."

Her voice floats to him on the wind.

No more than a whispered breath. Causing all kinds of reactions to run through him.

He leaves. Pushing his body as he runs through the forest.

Kayden wanted to go to her so bad, the only way to stop it was to run. Run from his need of her. He growls as he descends a hill.

He's not going to wait much longer. He can't. He's not going to.

What's between them is so rare he's done wasting it. With that thought in mind he heads to where he first shifted. His sleek body turns back to a human.

He dresses and heads towards his heart once more. It's time.

Show the love. Pretty please ;)
vote
comment
share
follow.
Thanks so much :)
xoxo Ash