{edited} Chapter Fourteen || Cursed Blood ||

{First published November 2015}
{Edited 6-15-2016}

||  Cursed Blood  ||

}Avery{

A strong callous hand latches onto my boney wrist. I don't need to turn around to know who stopped me from turing the last bend in the path. The tingles tell. 

After about a five minutes staring contest. I moved on and started walking again, seeing how no one was going to say anything else.  I was so close from getting out of these woods and away from everyone when Kayden decided to stop me.

The tingles intensify, moving from my hand up my arm and spreading toward the rest of my body. It lights me up like an electric shock. Slowly I start to feel his emotions.

He loves me. And he's afraid.

My head turns toward the confusing tingly beautiful man at my side. He's looking towards the house. Complete concentration etched into his face. Our previous conversation for gotten from his mind.

Aden never did tell what was wrong with me. Is that the only thing he knows? That I blocked my own emotions or does he know more?

I snap my fingers at the black wolf moving closer to my side. Protective vibes coming my way. Ones I don't want to deal with.

"Uh, why'd we stop?" Cameron asks from behind us.

Yes, why did we stop. I'm wondering the same thing considering the house is right there.

I jerk my hand out of Kayden's death grip. His head snaps up, green eyes take in my face.

"We have visitors." Kayden says never looking away. His eyes flickers down to my lips as I wet them. I see the spark. He wants to kiss me.

My head titles as I watch him. The wolf growls. My fingers snap out at him again.

Why would Kayden want to kiss me. And what's with this feeling of love. He doesn't even know me and yet he has a strong sense of love for me.

"What?" Cameron squeaks as his fear flutters to me.

"What are we going to do?" Nick asks as he saddles up to Kayden, looking at the back of the house.

"Nothing." Kayden grunts running his hands through his dark silky hair.

"What?! We have to do something." Cameron paces back and fourth, arms waving in a panic, "Let's hide her. Yeah. That's sounds like a good idea."

"It's to late Cam. They know she's here." Aden snaps.

Now I'm lost.

"Who?" I ask.

"It's the Silvers Pack." Kayden says board shoulders tense. Even the black wolf at my side lets out a low growl.

Who are they? And what does it have to do with me.

"Did you feel that?" I snap towards Cameron as a wave of intense hatred flows my way. No reason to hide my empathy powers, well at least some of them.

Cameron's tan skin is sheet white, "Oh yeah, knocked my breath out." He says rubbing his chest. "Hey. You felt it too." He smiles. Some color coming back into his cheeks.

My eyes roll, "Yep, I thought Aden done established that I'm an Empath."

Idiot boy.

"They're coming." Kayden snarls.

The boys, along with the wolf forms a protective wall in front of me and Cameron.

Well, I guess this isn't good.

"I thought you guys and other packs had some kind of truce. Why all this?" I wave my hand out towards the others looking at Cameron.

His fear lashes out at me, "We do but..."

"Cam." Kayden growls.

They tighten up as voices reach my ears and start backing us up till me and Cameron are partly shaded in the path.

My eyes narrow as Jeff and two men round the corner of the house.

Four different growls echo out as the boys tense. I lean my head to the side peering in between Nick and Kayden's shoulders to see better.

"Enough."Jeff's voice booms out.

The boy that's close to our age barley registers as the older man takes my full attention.

His looks like a  country bumpkin . A red tattered flannel covers his wide shoulders. Ripped overalls and muddy boots. His hair is so grey it looks silver. His eyes are dark and beady, yellow teeth shine as his lips are pulled back in a sneer.

He's the man with all the hatered. It rolls off of him in waves. But whats most interesting is the black tinged red, thick ethereal ribbons twirling around him like a mini vortex. Its a maddening dance of ribbons. A never-ending hatred.

Cameron lets out a whine, pulling my attention away. My eyes flick over to him. He looks weak kneed and has a death grip around Adens wrist. This mans emotions must be to strong for Cam. He's doing that filtering thing he told me about. Letting Aden absorb some of it.

My eyes snap back to the ribbons. Theyre not bothering me like they are Cam. No. I've just gotta be weird.

Saliva pools in my mouth. I want to reach out and take them. Twist them. Consume them.

I lock my knees. Plant my bare feet in the dirt, toes digging in. My fist clench as I lock my body up from moving. Its not till a tingle zing zips through me that I'm able to loose my needy focus off of the ribbons.

"No way." Kayden snarls out, hand behind him touching me that makes me realize something  important is going on while I've been in a daze.

I look around. The boys have backed away from me except Kayden and the wolf. Both of them radiating a predatory vibe. A need to protect.

Jeff's off to the side angry as a hatter with the boy. Leaving the hatred of a man front and center.

"You know its the laws of the pack." Jeff grinds out, "He has a right to meet her."

What. I don't know what law Jeff is talking about. That man cannot  come near me. I thirst for his emotions. The ribbons. I want to touch. Taste.

Kayden is so stiff. His bones crack as he moves off to the side. Leaving me and this man face to face. My heart beats faster  in tune with the ribbons as they move faster.

"So this is the the cursed blood." The mans voice is raspy and full of hatred.

Cursed Blood?

"You can smell it. Disgusting."

I sniff the air. Smelling lake water.

It's quite for a beat as his beady eyes rove over my body. They flash and I smile.

It's not my fault if I hurt this man if it's in self defense. Right?  He moves in what seems like slow motion towards me.

My hand comes up. Fingers curled into my palm. I twist my wrist. The man falls to his knees. His back archers. A scream blankets the air. And me I actually laugh. Gleefully.

Thanks for reading.
Show some love :)
vote
comment
share
follow me.
Thanks so much :}
With love, Ash