Revenge Is Better After Death

Prologue

Death is simple, to the point. Painless. Quick. The only pain you get is- and depends- how you die. I would know, I died three days ago. I came back. The stealth of the sudden ineptness of my soul leaving my body and watching my body fall into the dark water. It was all so sureal.

The killer walked away with ease as if all he did was lose a game, yet he was unashamed. But the truth was that it was much more than that. I had been betrayed. Led on into a false happiness. I knew better than to believe him, in his lies. In everything he has told me. Yet I believed him. I went against my instincts. And know

I was paying the price. And the price was death. I welcomed it. Little did I know I'd come back, underneath a sexy kidnapper, tied to the bed in only a bra and underwear.

But I won't get ahead of myself. I'll start with three days. And how my betrayal led to him...

****

Three days earlier

I sat lazily in my couch watching some random show that was on, eating a pop tart. I was bored out of my mind waiting for Link to come over and take me to the movies like he promised.

Link was my best friend, my boyfriend. His real name is Lincoln Foyers, but he has always preferred Link. We've known each other since I moved here last spring. He even bought me Kitty- who wasn't a cat at all- when he accidentally ran over my previous dog.

Kitty sat on the other side of my couch, watching the door. Kitty was a massive wolf.I watched Kitty prick up her ears and whined growled in a way manner she always did when Link was at the door. I watched Link through the window as he made his way up the steps and knocked on my door. I got up, stuffing my pop tart in my mouth. I unlocked the door and tiptoed on my toes to give Link a peck on his lips. He smiled against my lips. I tried not to giggle as Kitty tried to separate the close space between him and I.

We complied with Kitty's demand. She shot him a warning glare at him as she pushed me to the stairs.

"Hurry up, the movie starts in half in hour." Link called out. I mumbled a response as I closed the door behind Kitty.

I went to my closest and picked out a nice dark blouse and worn out pair of wash jeans. I combed my dull brown hair and looked at my myself in the mirror. My light brown eyes stared back at me lifelessly as I stared at the long jagged scar running down my left eyebrow to the end of my chin. A reminder of why I ran to Shady Willows in the first place. I walked down the stairs and grabbed my purse and walked over to Link. He smirked to himself. Something funny must have ran through his mind.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I asked.

"Nah, I was just thinking about three days from now, that's all." He glanced at me as he pulled out the drive way.

I smiled shyly and shifted my body to the window, watching the houses and tree blur together as he drove down the street. He parked in the small theater lot and cut the engine off. He got out and waited till I did the same.

My stomach turned uncomfortably as my instincts flared and warned me to run. I ignored them foolishly and followed Link to the theater. He had this obsession with chick-flicks. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't that type of girl who liked them. I tugged my hair to hide my scar, knowing people have been staring at it for the past couple of minutes.

I moved my hair, shielding it not only from the people but from myself too. The past was to fresh. The wounds were to easily surfaced above. It needed to be hidden. .For both me and those around me. We entered the theater and I stood in line to get snacks as he went to go get us seats.