Chapter 16

River's P.O.V

I sat in the dinky place, feeling dehydrated and felt like the sweat came down in buckets. My body felt as if it ate itself when I get pressured. I'm pretty sure I was fighting infection with my weakened body. Sweat covered every inch of my body the wounds dried and crusted over. The stomach one, the word 'alien' continued to puss and leak over through the cracks of crusted blood.

I wheezed in pain when ever I fought for a breathe. Link came in sometime during a lucid state of mine and poured water over my body.

I knew my pack had went and gone looking for Declan and Auduji, but I had a feeling they'll be reaching me when its to late.

------------------------------------------

Auduji's P.O.V

We went running through the woods following Little's pack. I trusted that they knew her scent enough to find her. We stopped at the Awna borders. The pack was over the line and pacing around waiting for us to cross.

Declan was the first to cross the border, he wanted his mate, of that i was certain. I guess denied the truth for so long then having her ripped from the arms length he had her at, scare him shitless.

I crossed and felt the unwanted and unwelcome. But I felt a presence here that was all to familiar. It was eerily so.

"You felt that?" I asked Declan.

He nodded but began to follow the pack. He didn't want to dwell on the fact that something horrible was in the mist. Well neither did I. We followed them, they stopped at the waterfall. They pushed their way through and disappeared.

I went through, followed by a human Declan. We looked at the cave. It had iron leaded doors sealing the entrance and within those doors we're River and the bad presence.

-----------------------------------------

Link's P.O.V

I watched Aina torture River. I winced at every carve she placed on her skin. The skin on her stomach was red and tight. It looked like it was angry at the world. It probably was. I liked to torture people, but Aina... She loved it. It was sickening. I didn't want to get on her bad side.

--------------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

I broke through the door, not caring I just broke through ten thousand pounds of metal, I wanted River in my arms and the head of the person dumb enough to wretch her away from me. I caught sent of River. But with River's scent it had infection and rotting flesh clinging her. It scared me.

I caught that scent that was familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it. I followed her scent and broke the door. The sight of River. She didn't look my River.

She looked like death. No, she is death. Her body in a short amount of time she was gone had swallowed all of its fat and her skin tone dimmed to a pale alabaster, even a sickly shade paler than alabaster.

Her high-cheek bones prominent and gaunt. Her eyes dull and hollow. Her hair frazzled and lifeless, in clumps of blood around. Her shirt was ripped and her stomach had the word 'alien' written on her. It was infected. Puss flowed onto her navel and slipping off the sides of her hips. Her scar on her face was opened and had the word 'worthless' written within it.

'Whore' and 'slut' were written on her forearms. Her right eye was swollen and black. That cheek bone was cracked and peeked through the sliver of white skin against the blackness of the rest of her face.

A man with a buzz cut blonde hair was in the room standing next to her. He had a bucket of emptied water and slices of apples. He fed them to her and mumbled to himself. He said something about River should have stayed dead the first time he killed her.

Wait he said he killed her? This was the bastard that killed her?!

"Declan?" River's sweet meloncoly voice dragged me out of my deranged thoughts.

"Yea, baby I'm here." It broke my heart to see my mate in such pain.

"This is the mutt you've been sleeping with River? You're a whore, aren't ya?" The man sneered.

"No I'm not sleeping with Dec, he doesn't love me. Besides I'm not a whore. Go fuck yourself Link." River spat out blood.

The man- Link- slapped her broken cheek, making her hiss in pain. My eyes blazed an orange as I charged to the man and clocked his jaw. He flew to the floor, unconscious.

I pulled the bracelets that were around River's wrists and she got up. Shakingly, she got up and smiled at me sadly. I could sense her pain even though she never told anyone. She thought it was a weakness to show emotion. She wasn't to far off from that.

A pair of hands clapping. I whirled around and growled. I stopped short of it. Because the women in front of me weren't suppose to be here. I blinked and rubbed my eyes in doubt as the torturers smiled at me the hold she still possessed.

------------------------------------------

River's P.O.V

"Liah?" I heard Declan whisper at Aina.

This is the woman Declan was married too? The one who held his heart, the one who made him so heartless. The reason why he didn't love me.

"Don't look so glum, alien. We all know this was coming. You think he'd love you?" Aina/Liah smiled at me with mock sadness.

I looked away from a awestruck Declan and an evil woman who should have been dead already.

"H-how?" Declan asked in a shaky voice. He sounded like a child being told Santa Claus isn't real.

Aina/Liah stalked her way to him and slicked her arm around his shoulder and made her fingers walk around his bicep. I felt out of place, intruding on something between them. Even Ma'shiadinga seemed uncomfortable as she edged her way to me.

"Well it's simple really. When you found out that I was working for the Awna clan I was told by the clan leader after I suggested to fake my death to do so. So I did. I've been here for the past seven years. While you're off sleeping with a half-breed alien." Aina/Liah shot a glance at me before continuing.

"The leader is none other than our councilwoman Ma'shiadinga over there. She has ordered me to kill her and fake my death and leave you to parish in self hate. Which you have been doing so well before this whore alien came around." Liah glanced at the door and turned back to Declan.

"Hi, my dear adoptive brother Auduji."

*Author's note*

Now don't freak as you're reading this part 2 is being types up. Comment at how mad you are. Enjoy kitties:p

~Gigi