Chapter 16 (part 2)

River's P.O.V

Auduji and my pack stood there glaring at the scene. Auduji shifting glares between the Wookie and his adoptive sister and Link who was just now getting up.

"How can you treat Dec like that? Your husband or at least ex-husband. And to your own brother?!" Aude spat out with bitterness.

Liah shrugged, "Simple really. My parents sent me on this mission to be in access with two strong warriors and brake them. I failed the test. I only broke one." She pouted.

Somehow while listening to their conversation, Link grabbed me around my infected stomach and covered my mouth and dragged me away. I couldn't get away, so I did a painful task. I shifted.

My form shifted and I turned and pushed him off of me with my claws. I growled and winced as my stomach clenched in pain. I circled Link and went for his leg. I bit down and shook. I was kicked in the stomach and I left go. Kitty somehow followed through the door and pounced on Link's chest.

She held him down and I went for his throat, I bit down and it from his body. I swiped at his head and his head went rolling off of his body.

Kitty whined and rolled off of his body. She whimpered there was a dagger in her stomach, thankfully it wasn't to embedded. Carson jumped up from huddle of the pack and ran to her.

'Well I'm guessing Kitty is your mate?' I asked him, even though he and I were panicking.

Carson nodded and whimpered, licking Kitty's muzzle. Ma'shiadinga went to attack Declan as he was to much in shock with the processing of Liah being alive and torturing me. I pounced at her and slapped her in the face, making her neck crack and fall conscious.

Liah glared at me and pulled out a gun. I snarled at her and stood my ground I was almost dead anyways, who'd care? Auduji saw she pulled the trigger and threw himself in front of the bullet. It was lodged in his heart.

My best friend was dying. I saw red, I attacked her and mauled her, everything echoing and distant. Her screaming died down and her body limp. She looked like she went through a meat grinder. I sat down next to Declan who was crying next to his brother in law. I howled mournfully.

I shifted back and cried. "Auduji you perv, don't you dare leave me! Who's going to take care of the wannabe Fabio hair styler? He won't want me near him, I just killed his ex-wife who he still loved. Don't leave. Please" I whispered and cried harder.

Auduji grabbed my hand and smiled at me, "He wants you. You're his mate. He loves you, don't you Dec?"

Declan nodded. "I love you both. I'll be back. I promise." He kissed my hand and his eyes shut to his own accord. I cried. I screamed I punched, I kicked. It wasn't fair. I should have died not him! Why couldn't I stay dead?

"Come on grab Kitty, Riv. Nakana can take care of her, I'll take the traitor to prison and bury Auduji." Declan pulled me up and kissed my head.

I looked up at him with tears filling my eyes. "Why? Why does everyone I love die? Why couldn't I stay dead?"

He sighed, "He would have slapped you upside the head for saying that. And everyone you love isn't dead, I'm not." He glanced at me as he threw Ma'shiadinga over his shoulder and carried Auduji in his arms. Kitty was in mine. She was still breathing.

"But you don't love me." I whispered to myself.

"You're lying to yourself. I do love you, just been a damn sod and haven't realized it." He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Whatever, meet you at your house."

---------------------------------------------

Auduji's P.O.V

As I felt my body leave I felt my body land in water. I sucked in a breathe. Wait, wasn't I dead? I swam to the top and looked around. I've heard of this place, it's where River came from. Earth. I was at Earth, now the question was: why?

--------------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

It's been a week since we buried Auduji's body in the woods like he wanted it. Kitty was fine and turned out to be pregnant. It missed the pups.

River didn't leave my room. I slept with her, keeping her calm from the night terrors she'd get. She never told me what they were.

I missed her arguing with me and being sassy but playful and sexy. My mate was broken.

---------------------------------------------

River's P.O.V

I took a shower at Declan's house. Three months. Three fucking months since Aude died. The wounds healed and the scars remained. The one on my face, with the word worthless faded but the rest remained.

I cooked for Dec and the pack. I didn't eat. I slept alone the night terrors would come. When I slept with Declan, I had none. I love him but he doesn't love me.

I was cleaning today, scrubbing away at the pain when Declan barged in and grabbed me and pulled me close.

"I love you, River McClian. You and only you. Never doubt it." Then he kissed me. Softly at first then it deepened as I brought his neck closer. He cupped the back of my head, tangling my hair with his fingers.

He broke away, and searched my eyes. "River come back to me. I miss you. I want to marry you. Would you marry me?" He asked me as he pulled out a ring. It was gorgeous. A black onyx encircled with sapphire.

I cried and didn't know what to say. The guy that protected me from day one on this planet wanted to marry me. The guy that I love wants to marry the alien in his planet.

"Y-yes, I will. I will marry you Declan." I smiled as he placed the ring on my finger.

You're mine tonight. The wedding is two weeks from now, love. Weddings here are different then at Earth. Don't worry."

So I didn't. I just let him kiss me, take me to his room.

*Author's Note*

So this is officially the end of this book, but theres an epilogue and of course a book two. Who wouldn't want to know about why Auduji is on Earth??0.O Anywho, let me type up the epilogue. Anyways thanks for reading my book up until now. I really hope you enjoyed this book. Its the first book I wrote on this app. :p enjoy kitties

~Gigi