Chapter 4

River's P.O.V

I watched the man stride his way to me. His barrel chest was covering the view point to the door when he reached me. I- always the one to wake up in situations like these- tried to plan an escape route, but it fled my mind when I heard the man's deep chuckle.

"What's so funny, ass?" I sneered. 'Not every smart River, he could be a serial killer... Wait I was already dead. What the hell is going on?' I thought.

He spoke, my mind froze, "Nothing is funny, except your false thoughts of me wanting to rape you. Why would I? There's a brothel two blocks from here. But I believe you and I both have questions that want to be answered so we'll take turns on the questions, no?"

I sighed and nodded. He raised his hand a for a second I believed he was going to strike me. I flinched away. The man's green eyes shifted to a blazing orange before calming back to a serene green. He unlatched the cuffs off of my wrists and legs as I sat up and rubbed them sorely.

"I'll go first. What's your name?" His deep bass voice practically vibrated the bed.

I silently gulped and spoke. "The names River McClain. Yours?"

He tilted his head as if he was either amused by me or confused that I didn't give a random strange respect. I shrugged.

"My name, Miss, is Declan Finarjiko. What race are you from?" He stuck his large calloused hand out.

I timidly shook it before replying snarky, "Human, like the rest of the world."

He glanced at me in blant confusion.

"Human?" He sounded out the word as if it was completely foreign to him.

"Yes, human. You know what we are." I rolled my eyes. 'Even though I'm dead, Im somehow dreaming.' I thought.

Declan froze and stared at me in narrowed green eyes, "You're suppose to be dead?"

Oh shite.

-----------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

I narrowed my eyes to this annoying alien. She was gorgeous, I'd give her that, but she had a mouth that snapped like a Elinva. Quick and painful. She was a force to reckon with I guessed.

She nodded as if that obvious that she was suppose to be dead. I was in shock. I've heard stories of aliens landing in our world after they have died to early, but they said it was a myth;not a legend.

"What? Kitty has your tongue?" As if this River woman realized something, she stood up with quick speed and started to mumble, "Oh shit, I have to get Kitty. She can't live on her own."

"Who's Kitty?" The name sound strange on my lips.

She stopped and I noticed how her eyes turned from the lifeless brown eyes they once were to a beautiful dark shade of purple.

"Kitty is my hybrid wolf and is alone at my home. I need to get her." She glared at me as she made her way to my door.

------------------------------------------

River's P.O.V

"You can't go out there in your undergarments appearing like that, you'd look like a three pound woman." He smirked.

Did he just say that I was looking like a two cent whore if I went outside? 'This man, I hate.' I thought. I turned around and stalked up to him, pointing a finger to chest-very chiseled chest, might I add- and told him.

"Listen here bub, I frankly don't give you bloody damns about what I appear like if I go out. All I want is revenge on my murderer and get Kitty safe. Got it? Good now move so I could go home." I spat out anger.

This man got under my skin quickly and I hated it. I stalked out of his home- I guessed it was his house- and wondered off to the dirt tail path there was to who knows where.

-------------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

I sighed, this woman is in for a big let down. I watched her go up the pathway to my lake and realized she would be in the Elinva mating season. She wouldn't last two seconds there. I ran outside and shifted into a wolf, I followed her scent. It was citrus and ocean during a storm, rather said in other terms; intoxicating.

I pumped my legs faster hoping she was alive, she was interesting and I needed to bring her to the council before anyone else knows of why she is here.

-------------------------------------------

Link's P.O.V

I sat in the dimly lit diner, seeking a new victim, it was a hard choice 'till I heard the door chime and came in a mousy blonde girl with thick rounded glasses and an aura of awkwardness around her. I smiled inwardly.

'Hello, corpse bride' I thought happily before striding towards her. She looked up and smiled shyly. I smiled back. To bad she doesn't know what's coming to her.

*Author's note*

But please comment and yea enjoy.

Also a Elinva is a snake/alligator mix. Body and teeth of a gator and speed and head of a snake. You get the picture. And no Declan isn't a werewolf, he's a shifter. Difference. Anyways sorry for the rant and enjoy my Kitties!:)