Chapter 11

River's P.O.V

I woke up feeling good, not the usual restiveness I feel when I stay at Auduji's house. I saw that I was in Declan's room.

'How the bloody hell did I get here?' I thought groggily. Then I remembered Declan hauling me to his room, and into his comfy, fluffy bed. I thought it was just a hazy dream but it wasn't. 'Great,' I sarcastically said in my head. I left a note on my head, I took it and read it.

"River, I'm in the shower. You have the day off. You're free to do as you please. I have not made breakfast, so I apologize for that. I plan on preparing it when I get out. Make yourself comfortable if you please.

-Declan"

I rolled my eyes at his stiffly properiness. I got up and strolled into the living room. Kitty and Naga bounded in while Carson and Milo lazily stayed outside. I crouched down and petted them behind their ears. Naga nudged my hand and Kitty licked my face. I smiled and wiped my face.

I got up and mind-linked them.

"Go feed yourselves. I'm making breakfast for me and twidle dee in the shower."

"Alright, Riv." They said in unison and walked out to meet Carson and Milo.

I prepared the food while I heard the water shut off and I planned to ignore the hell out of Declan. Dragging me to bed for no bloody reason. The nerve. I should have slapped him. But I didn't. I just fell asleep as I did before.

I turned off the stove and fixed the meal on two plates and set it down. I sat down and began to eat. I didn't wait for him, why would I? I wasn't some domestic fairy tale wife that waited on her star husband to eat. Nope, not me; I was the broken princess that no one noticed the unstudy step sister of Cinderella's step-sisters.

I smiled at my mindless rant and continue to eat silently. Declan came in with low slung jean type pants that showed his toned legs nicely. His black shirt was strained against his muscles and his green eyes shined brightly against his black shirt and tanned skin. His hair was wet and curling. I had to be blind to say that he wasn't gorgeous.

I smiled at him and finished my meal. I just started to push my crumbs around the plate. Declan sat down and began to eat as if he didn't need to apologize for last night. Rude.

"So..." I said emptily, not really knowing how to steer the conversation without going into an argument.

"So..." He echoed quietly.

"Are you planning on apologizing for dragging my arse to your bed without my permission?" I got up and picked up the plate and started to wash it.

"No." Well, he put that bluntly.

I turned around and quirked a eyebrow at him, "No?"

"Yea, I said the word 'no'. Do you not grasp the concept of it?" He asked indifferently.

Did he just call me stupid? The nerve of that arrogant bastard!

"Excuse me? As I recall it, you didn't mind me sleeping on your wretched couch.What the hell is up with you? Hot and cold? Kind and then dickish? Do you enjoy your mind petted games upon women you have no interest in? The vunariblity they possess? So why is the deal with acting like with me?" I balked up to him and poked his muscled chest, until his back hit the wall.

Declan stared at me, his eyes turning a fiery orange as his anger swelled underneath him. I growled at him.

"Well I thought a woman would prefer to sleep in a more suitable bed. And those questions are answered with a no. That word you don't seem to get. And I act no sort of 'hot and cold' with you. Merely how I portray the situation. So shut your mouth." He bit out.