Chapter 8

Declan's P.O.V

I watched River shift and take off. I called out to her but she just looked at me with hatred- for who I don't know- and took off. She was pissed of that is certain, but why take off? Auduji just stood there taking in what was going on. I was the logical one, and he was the impulsive one. Yet today the roles were reverse.

I wanted nothing more than to take off after her, but Auduji didn't agree; merely shook his head no and told me not too. Just thinking she was alone in the Gander woods that border the war lines made me what to keep her safe. She was looking for a fight, I could tell. She was that type of woman that when she was pissed, she'd attack the first thing that stopped her.

I sighed feeling mad. Ma'Shiadinga assigned me to River and River didn't seem go accept it for a reason. It made me feel hurt that she didn't want anything to do with me, but then again I did tie her to a bed, flung her over my shoulder and refused to give her my bed.

Recalling this morning was interesting. River cuddled in closer to me, and my arm that was wrapped around her waist tighten without me realizing it. I was barely awake when I realized she shoved herself off of me and fell to the floor. I contained in a chuckle. She made me breakfast and took off.

The last time someone made me breakfast was when I lived with my wife, Liah. She always woke me up with food. I smiled at the food sadly when I saw it. Liah was taken by the Awna warriors. She was raped and killed because I destroyed their plan to attack the council.

She died because of me. It would always drag me into a self pity party, which I'm not one to dwell into things. But this, this I allowed. Auduji brought me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Dec, you going after that nice ass or am I?" Auduji smirked.

I growled at him, but it didn't faze him nothing really does when it's from me.

"You could go after her, me and Nakana need to go get some things. Get River comfortable in my house unless she stays with ya?" I knew he wanted her to stay at his house.

The man was a man-whore but he was a brother to me, so what could I do?

"Yeah, she could stay at my place. If she's fine with that. I'll tell you what she says." He smirked and whistled for his Mounter. The stallion with a dragon tail appeared and let Auduji mount. They took off after her, leaving me heading to my house where Nakana was.

--------------------------------------------

Auduji's P.O.V

I watched Declan's face after he watched River leave. His face became distant and cold like it did when he thought of my sister, Liah. He blamed himself for her death. But it wasn't. What he didn't know is she went willingly with the Awna warriors and gave them information and sex. What she didn't know is they would kill her afterwards.

My sister was always a traitor. Declan had a soft spot for her, even when he was a ladies man. When he finally proposed to her, she had this smirk on her face as if she knew all along. She was never my sister. My family adopted her but she was a traitor. I later found out she was working for the Awna and she herself was one.

I never had the heart to tell Declan about it, it would have broken his heart. When she was taken, he started drinking and he didn't leave the pub at all. It took me and Nakana three months to get him out and better.

I spotted River in her Auerälife form. Her body was large yet beautifully built. Her black and white striped body moved stealthily as her fire red tail swished around her. Her face was pretty, her ears added character and her purple eyes gleamed with anger. Her snout was red, blood maybe.

She was eating a Wanaika doe with her pack. She left and shifted to go clean her face. But you could still see the scar on her face as she was a Auerälife. I wanted to know what happened to her.

I shrugged off my shirt leaving me shirtless and tossed it to her naked form. It hit her ass and she turned around and glared. I had to admit, the alien had a body to reckon with. She glared at me while she put on the shirt. It landed to her knees, she was short.

"What? Are you admiring my abs? I know their gorgeous, wanna touch them. No strings attached, I promise." I smirked as I caught her looking at my torso.

"Twat, I was just debating wither or not I should kick your balls for watching me like a creeper." She placed her hands on her hips.

"Listen Little, I came to get you since Declan was having.... issues at home. He wanted to know if you'd stay at his house or mine. If ya choose mine I promise not to bite. You can even have my room. Big comfy bed and I'll take the couch. But hey that's up to you." I told her as we walked to my Mounter and to Declan's house.

She watched me and then just stiffly walked off.

"On our way to you, Dec." I warned Declan. River still seemed pissed.

"M'kay, I have food ready for us. Nakana left already. So its just the three of us."

"Alright." I turned off the mind-link.

As we walked, I told her about the war between the Awna and the council members. She didn't care about any of it, she said, she's just the alien, she sneered as she copied how Ma'shiadinga said. I couldn't help but laugh, it made River smile. A genuine one. I grinned back.

-------------------------------------------

River's P.O.V

We got to Declan's house and we had dinner in a awkward fun. We avoided the obvious- which was fine with me- and talked about my pack. Then Declan got serious and asked the question.

"River, do you want to stay with Auduji or me?" His green eyes had orange brimming underneath. I could tell something was bothering him.

"Well I don't want to impose on you, since neither of us don't want to the stiff couch, I'll stay with Auduji till I find a place." I sighed not looking both the men in the eyes.

I knew both of them we shocked.

"Well okay, if that's what you want." Declan sounded disappointed and something else I couldn't place.

I nodded meekly and took their plates and washed them as Auduji packed my things. Declan came up and spoke.

"River, I'm sorry. Um, training starts tomorrow and well talk more later, okay?" Declan looked me in the eyes.

I got lost in them. It was like a a meadow and a sunset at the same time. The orange has gotten brighter within the hour. I nodded and he kissed my head in a brotherly fashion. It settled on me strangely, but I set it aside quickly.

When Auduji and I were ready to leave I kissed Declan on his cheek and ran off to meet Auduji and we left.

------------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

I watched River come up to me with her big expressive purple eyes and tiptoed up to kiss my stubbly cheek. It drew heat to that area but I didn't dwell on it. I smiled down at the small woman as she scurried off to Auduji and head to his home. A sudden pang of jealousy rose in me as I shut the door and went to bed. I slept quietly, hoping to get away from her scent.

Rosemary, citrus and ocean after a storm permitted her pillow that laid next to mine. I shoved it to the floor and slept.

*Author's note*

Kinda a let down to me, but I hoped you enjoyed my Kitties. Comment on your thoughts of the characters. Enjoy my Kitties:)