Chapter 6

River's P.O.V

I wandered aimlessly for about half an hour since I left the house with Kitty. I watched the huge birds flutter over from tree to tree and watched the deer/mouse looking creatures stroll along the shady areas carelessly. I sat down next to the huge tree that had a clearing and sat down with Kitty, it was peaceful. I was beginning to think this place wasn't the afterlife because if it was then Kitty committed suicide which isn't possible.

I hummed to Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls when I heard a series of snaps of twigs breaking under a foot. I looked into the hooded forest thinking it was either Declan or Auduji, but I was wrong. Three massive wolf/ lion looking animals growled and stepped towards me. Drool left their lips to the floor and their eyes had blood lust. I wasn't scared for an insane reason. Kitty growled but I shushed her. I got up and walked confidently to the brindle coloured one and looked her- assuming it was a she since it was leading- in her brown eyes and spoke to her in a gentle but firm voice.

"Calm yourself, I pose no threat to you. You and your pack or pride are safe. Kitty is of no threats either, Kitty come." Kitty came and was sniffed and was sniffing them in return, "Now sit."

To my surprise all four- if you add Kitty- sat down. I nodded and pet them. I named them even though I would never see them again.

"Since you're a leader and pretty, I'll call you Naga." I petted Naga, she seemed pleased with her name.

I turned to the shy white one behind Naga, "I'll call you Carson. You like that name huh, boy?" I smiled

I looked at the cocky dark one, " I'll call you Milo." Milo seemed to smirk.

I looked at Kitty who was playing with Naga. I started to walk back to the tree when I felt a jolt of pain stride through my body. I fell and looked up to see Naga, Kitty, Carson, and Milo watching me. They all whined.

My body felt as if it was reorganizing itself. It lasted like a minute or so. Then it just stopped like it was gone. I stood up and walked to the water and yipped. I looked like Naga's breed. The face of a wolf and teeth of a lion. One ear up like a wolf the other folded down and shaped like a lion's. My body was built and was stripes of black and white. My tail was a fiery red and the tip was white. My tail was shaped like a lions but a little more fluffier, my body was the same. I whirled around, and looked at the pack.

Wait, why did I call them a pack? I thought.

"Because we are your pack, Alpha." Someone spoke. I growled not knowing who it was.

"It was me, Naga. When you petted me and named me, you became a Aueräilfe. Or what is on your planet a wolf/lion hybrid. You could changed back and it wouldn't hurt. All you have do is think of your human form. Above else we follow you everywhere." Naga yipped happily.

If I was human I would have rolled my eyes, but I didn't and it would have been awkward going to the house naked with Declan and Auduji there so I went like this.

I trotted to the house with my pack behind me and I scratched on the door, and waited. I was greeted with an arrow aimed to my face.

---------------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

The Auerälife tilted her head and whined. I looked amoungest the pack. Kitty was in it and the Auerälife in front of me had River's purple eyes. It then dawned on me, she touched one of them and shifted. Well now I do have to talk to the council about this. A shaper hasn't been alive in centuries.

"Auduji come here." I called to the fat ass in the kitchen.

"What... Holy fuck shoot that beast now!" Auduji yelled through the mouth full of food.