Chapter 9

Ma'shiadinga's P.O.V

Ma'shiadinga walked into the darken house and whistled. A scrawny Awna man came at her call. He bowed respectfully and asked, "What is it, Mistress?"

"Fetch me Aina."

"Yes, Mistress." The man said emotionless.

Ma'shiadinga waited impatiently tapping her webbed foot as she stroked her dull black fur.

"Yes, Mistress." The blonde haired woman appeared, carrying a Awna child.

She saw the unmistakable look of disgust pass Aina's pretty face as she glared at the servant that brought her in. Aina was never a likable person.

"I need you to do me a favor,Aina. It requires a death of a alien that's being protected." Ma'shiadinga tilted her shaggy head up showing that she was 'smarter' then the woman before her.

"And who would be this alien that protected? And who are these protectors?" Aina raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow as she handed the child to the mother.

"Her name is River McClain and the protectors are Auduji Hasbeqial and Declan Finarjiko. She is an.... Int resting alien. I'd suggest you terminate her quickly." Ma' Shiadinga turned and left.

But she didn't miss the slight shocked face of Aina when she mentioned Declan's name. 'Interesting, very.' She thought as she left silently.

--------------------------------------------

River's P.O.V

I slept on Auduji's comfy and soft bed. Naga, Kitty, Carson and Milo slept around the bed. I stepped over them to get to the door. I saw Auduji's white hair flow around him as he slept. He looked like a little kid. He somehow reminded me of Orlando Blooms' character in Lord Of The Rings, the elf.

Admitting, he was cute, but I'd never tell him that. He's to cocky about himself as it is. I smiled at my new friend and made breakfast like I did yesterday. When I finished I went to go wake up Auduji. He mumbled something incoherent and turned away.

I got a way to wake him up- it worked well for any guy really. I smiled slyly and straddled him. He quickly woke up and smiled cockily up at me. I returned the grin and leaned down to 'kiss' him. At the last second I playfully slapped his cheeks and jumped off of him before he got up.

I turned around and faced a pouting Auduji.

"Here, eat and don't get pouty, you have pubs for that." I pointed at him and took a seat and ate my portion.

"Thanks. I always end up eating left overs. Your going to be the chief in this house, for now on." He grinned cheekily at me.

He was seriously a five year at hold. A knock came at the door and Auduji went to get it as I changed out of my shorts and baggy t-shirt. When I got out the door, Declan and Auduji were talking and they stopped as they saw me enter the room.

Declan walked up to me with a big grin and bear hugged me. I returned the hug enthusiastically and smiled. The pack left to go frolic around. I handed Declan some left over breakfast as he caught Auduji up with the latest gossip of the town.

"Dec, this girl is one hell of a wake up caller." Auduji smirked at him and winked at him. I glared in return.

"Oh really, now?" Declan said jokingly but his eyes spoke volumes of something else.

"Yep, she straddled me and leaned in as if to kiss me, but then slapped my face and hopped off." Auduji grinned and I kicked him under the table.

"Well now."

"Ingore him, I'd wake up any guy friend like that. He's not special." I rolled my eyes and got up and took the dishes and washed them.

"I'm going out to go get the pack. Be right back." I called out as I ran out the door.

"Okay." They said in unison.

--------------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

I watched Auduji flirt with River and River deflect it quickly. It was amusing till Auduji told me about his wake up call. I joked about it, but something inside of me didn't sit well with the fact the two had been in a compromising position.

When River left, I told him the plans of training and got up to go leave.

"Oyi Declan, you like the little alien don't cha?" Auduji smirked at me. He was a couple inches shorter then me, but he's ego was taller then me.

"Non, why?" I asked.

"No reason, just figuring it bother you if I get to use my bed while she's at her stay." He replied smoothly, baiting me.

I didn't take the hook, "Nah, I wouldn't mind. Have your fun. Just remember we're the ones training her."

"Yea man, will do." He called out as i shut the door.

Secretly it bothers me that he wants her, but I won't get in the middle of it. I'd never let it show. I didn't know why it bothered me, but I didn't want to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Author's Note*

Kinda interesting, no? Hope you enjoyed my Kitties:)