Chapter 12

River's P.O.V

I sat under a tree as the pack finished their meal. One week since I ran, and a week without shifting into my human form. I have to admit that this form was much better during the winter. It must have dropped below ten at night. We slept outside, so we'd cuddle together. Carson has been my cuddle buddy. Milo, Kitty, and Naga sleep around me and Carson.

I got up and stretched my back and legs. My tail twitched out and hit the tree with a soft thud. I trotted to the watering hole and drank water. I peered at my reflection and snarled at it. It was pathetic, I looked hagrid and malnourished. My purple eyes lost their glow and formed into a dull violet. My scar made the impression of death trailing me. Well it always was, but it was a never ending tango between him and I.

Two steps for death, three for me. No matter on that. I splashed the water with a swipe of my paw. I went over to Carson, who's becoming my runner mate. Helps me with the searching of rogues or hunters in our way; we go looking for a path at night so he and I clear a path.

Carson lifts his white head and tilts it to the side. "Trekking?" His quiet voice asked me.

"Yea,come on. Oh and clean your snout, it has blood all over it." I said playfully.

He swiped his paw against his clean snout and glared at me.

"Liar."

"Maybe."

We bounded through the trees silently. We took a brake after half an hour. We sat down and cooled off. Our panting showed off in the cold breeze. We headed north, but as we walked farther up, I heard a twig snap ahead of us. I stopped and Carson bumped me. I shot him a quiet glare. He nodded in understatement.

I saw two people, a male and female from the smell I got. I saw a woman with blonde hair and the male had dark blonde that was in a military cut. It didn't suit him. They looked like siblings. But they didn't give off the same scent. I crept closer and heard snippets of their jumbled conversation.

"So, when are we getting her?" The male asked, he sounded eerily familiar. It didn't settle well with me.

"Soon, patience Earthling. We'll get her soon enough and I would like to 'speak' with her about stealing toys that don't belong to her." The woman swished her ponytail ad air quoted speak.

I really felt bad for who ever the 'her' was.

"Let's go Carson. We'll find a route around them." I nudges his shoulder.

"Okay, mom." Carson had a thing for calling me 'mom'.

We took off running towards the pack.

---------------------------------------------

Auduji's P.O.V

I watched Dec destroy himself over Little. He went to the pubs and the brothel. He brought countless of faceless women into his home and ravaged them. I knew he kicked them out as soon as he realized it wasn't Little. I felt bad for the man, but he brought it upon himself, lying like that and braking her heart and his.

My Elivn side told me they were mates, yet in the way Dec kept lying to her and tries to distant him from her is a rejection in their race. Yet Dec didn't know it.

What a dumb ass, the lad was. Little was treading the no mans land. I could feel it. But also there was dark, malevolent presences following Little. I'm not sure, but for the benefit of the alien I've come to think as a sister and my best friend and his mate, I needed to talk to Declan about it.

Mentioning Little's name was going to be an intense conversation between us. 'Prepare yourself Audu.' I thought as I walked into the. Alcohol reeking house.

---------------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

I watched Audu pull the curtains, letting the bright rays of the suns seep into the living room. The hangover was still giving me a slow response to everything.

"Dec, we need to talk about your latest acts." Aude started, like a scolding mother.

I grumbled incoherently and turned around. Audu just grabbed me and threw me off of the couch. I got up and growled at him. He smirked and threw a pillar of water at my face. My hair coated my face. I needed that but I wasn't going to say thanks.

"We also needed to talk about Little." His voice dropped and he sat down at the table.

'Who the hell was Little?' I thought hazily.

'River, you incoherent bastard.' My animal growled.

River, my sweet little alien.

"I threw her away she's gone, drop it Aude." I glared at him and grabbed a whiskey from the counter.

Aude took it from me and tossed it out the window.

"Bastard, I was going to drink that."

"After we talk, she still walking the borders. Her and her pack. She's just heading west. Awina clan have been tracking her closely. There are two malevolent people trekking behind her." His voice went serious and his eyes gone a cold colour of orange.

I was deadpanned in the face with words. River is still her, and with evils trekking her. My animal growled at the thought of her coming to harm.

'What more does she have to suffer?' He whined.

'Nothing, I made sure of that.' I said.

'Well your a moron in this room.' He gritted.

I got up and headed to my room.

"Where are you going?" Aude called out.

"Taking a shower, Riv is out there and in danger. She might hate me but I can't let her get hurt." I called out behind the now shut door.

-------------------------------------------

Aina's P.O.V

The alien was close. She was close, Aina could feel it. Link helped her set up traps. The Awina clan has been tracking her passage through no mans land. When they caught her, she was teaching the slutty alien to back off of what's hers.

*Author's note*

What do you guys think? Any thoughts on Aina? Declan and River? Anyways hope you enjoyed my Kitties:)