Chapter 15

Aina's P.O.V

Aina watched Ma'shiadinga's facial reaction as her eyes latched onto the alien in front of her. Her eyes shifted through fazes of shock, pleased and pure malice towards the stubborn alien. Aina watched as the alien pushed her weakened body up, making her sit up straighter. She didn't miss the barely seen wince the alien's face produced.

Ma'shiadinga turned towards the alien, "So, River, I love the new look." Ma'shiadinga sneered at the alien.

The alien glared through the only eye that isn't swollen and spat at her feet. Aina hissed at the disrespectful alien and slapped her. Bones cracked underneath the blow. The alien moaned in pain as Aina backed away and grinned, pleased at the pain she inflicted.

"Aina, dear. Why is the alien's stomach infected?" Her royalty asked.

Aina knew that the councilwoman didn't care that the alien is gaining infection, she just wanted to tease the poor thing and Aina wanted to play. She went along with it.

"Why, your Highness, I don't know. Must be because she's carving into her own skin. What a shame." Aina tsked at the chained up alien.

"Well keep her here until the next meeting. When the council sees that this pest hasn't shown up and her trainers lost her, they'll see to it that they'll be stripped from the warrior status and she'll be posted nationally for wanted for betraying loyalty to the council." Ma'shiadinga smiled, mischief glinted off her black eyes as Aina nodded before watching her leave.

When Aina heard the door close, she turned towards the alien. Her purple eyes slowly losing their brilliantine in life and colour. Her rich and thick auburn hair, appeared dull and frazzled. The tanned skin, a sickly shade of alabaster and the freckles more prominent. Her cheeks once full became gaunt and swallowed in.The infection on her stomach made the otherwise lean flat stomach, bulge and inflame with tight skin surrounding itself.

Aina was pleased with her work.

"You know for a bitch assassin, you really aren't creative." The alien spoke with a glare.

Aina smiled and walked up to the alien.

"Try this for creative." She whispered into the aliens ear, before attacking her with a dagger.

Aina opened the jagged scar on her face. Within the reopening, she wrote worthless. Thats what this alien was:worthless. She wasn't needed, or cared for. Never was, she wasn't born here so why should they care for her well being? They didn't. Simple. So she carved the word worthless upon her face.

Not once did the alien scream or kick or wince in pain. She looked dead, a mirror of death sitting next to you; lifelessly . It didn't bother Aina once.

---------------------------------------------

Auduji's P.O.V

We headed to my house, I saw the pack sitting there impatiently;Kitty nudged Dec and then me towards the forest.

"What does she want?" Declan asked.

"I don't speak Kitty." I told him. I didn't catch River's scent anywhere. I mean it was here but faint as if it was taken away.

Naga went over to a tree and grabbed something and dropped it onto Declan's feet.He read it he's eyes widened with shock.

"What?" He didn't response, he just handed me the note.

"'Declan and Auduji,

I couldn't stay here. The pain was unbearable. I'm sorry. Goodbye and take care.

Love, River'"

Something about this note wasn't right. Little wouldn't have left her pack, nor would her pack let her walk away without them. I don't think Dec realized it.

"Dec, it's a fake. This note is forged. She wouldn't have left the pack here nor would they leave her to go out alone." I gripped his shoulder and squeezed.

The man was missing his mate, and he couldn't figure out why it bothers him so much. I sighed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Declan's P.O.V

I hears Aude and I knew he was right. Riv isn't the type of person to leave her pack without knowing she isn't coming back for sure.

Aude sighed, "Dec, you know why you love her? Why you miss her?"

He question shocked me. I did love her, and I did miss her, I just didn't know why.

"She's your mate, you sod. Even when you were with Liah you didn't miss her this much or love her. And right now something isn't right which is making this harder for you isn't it?" My best friend questioned me.

It was true. I loved Liah, but not to the extent of how I love River. And at her death, I missed her but not this strongly. My animal was reacting strongly to the fact Riv was gone and he couldn't protect her. From what, I don't know. But we both had a feeling something is bad.

"Yea, Aude you're right. She has to be my mate. No wonder I felt the need to protect her and hold her in my arms while kissing her senselessly." I gave my unmanly secret that I loves her.

Carson then got up and nudged my knees briskly and tilted his head as if he wanted me to follow. Auduji and I exchanged a glance.

"What the hell, what do we have to lose?" I said out loud. The pack got up and sprinted off north. I shifted into the Aurälife and took off after them. Aude had his Elivn speed so he was right behind me. I caught scent of River and her blood, that pushed me and my animal over the edge and drove us harder to run to get to the unknown destination.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

River's P.O.V

I mind linked my pack, to find Declan and Auduji to get help. I tried to contact them already but the distance was to far for the link to work. My stomach was pumping more puss out of my body and the scar on my face dried up and the word she wrote dried up too, but it hurt to move my cheek or any muscle. I didn't give Aina the benefit of hearing my pain. But I could tell you it hurt to much to describe.

My body was killing itself, and though I didn't want to die, I'd rather die at my own body's hand then hers. But if I ever got out of this alive, I'd jump Declan's bones no matter how much he doesn't like me or love me.

Wait love? Did I love him? I did, I let myself fall without realizing it. It was a fucked up version of Romeo and Juilet, but only Juilet dies and Romeo goes on, to love another day.

I'd miss Auduji and his pervy ways and my pack. I would miss everyone if I didn't get out of her in time. But something told me one of two things would happen. Either one: I die here or two: Declan and Auduji save me. 'Let's just hope for the latter.' I thought.

*Author's note*

Soo? What da ya think? Intense? Made ya get grossed out? My apology. Sorry for not adding sooner but I hope you enjoy and please comment on your thoughts. Feedback I dont care. :p I hope you enjoyed my kitties.

~Gigi