1.

Millani Mai Miller

"This nigga got me all the way fucked up." I huff to Nalah, watching her search through her closet for some dress.

I was complaining to her about that R boy from yesterday, talking me like he runs me or something. He may be cute as can be but thats a huge negative bih.

"Okay, white or black?" Nalah comes out her closet holding two dresses, completely ignoring what I just told her.

"Why are you getting so dressed up again?" I ask raising my brow in a teasing manner, she smacks her lips and tries not to smile.

"C'monnn Mil!" She starts whining making me laugh.

"Aight, aight, the white." Looking down at my choice she smirks in agreement. "You going out ya way, dressin to impress and shit."

"Im not doing this for him!" Nalah quickly replies in a high pitch voice, so I know shes lying.

"Whatever, I'll be downstairs dont take to long." I tell her dropping the conversation heading towards the stairs and out the house to my car.

This is a everyday thing for us, not her stressing over what to wear for a boy, but riding with eachother to school. We take turns out of the week car pooling, simply out of laziness.

Nalah's been my girl since I first moved here 13 years ago. She was the only person I bothered to get to know out of my whole class filled with snotty nose mean ass kids.

We clicked instantly and its just been me and her. There was a few other girls we were cool with but we lost them along the way.

After a few more minutes Nalah was walking out her house in the long white tank top bodycon dress, a jean jacket, and simple gold sandals.

She gets in the car flipping her long straight hair over her shoulder making me chuckle and shake my head.

"Whats so great about this one?" I question, backing out the drive way of her parents two story home.

"I'ont know." Nalah replies shrugging through a blush, I laugh some more as I turn right. "You're going the long way." She points out and we both know I did it on purpose. "By the time we get to school you wont-"

"Have time to study with that kid." I cut her off finishing her sentence for her. "I know, thats the plan."

Nalah smacks her lips. "Whats your problem with this kid?"

"You want anything?" I ignore her question pulling into the drive thru of mcdonalds parking lot. Frowning she shakes her head, shrugging I order what I want so we can be on our way.

When we finally got to school the first bell was ringing, signaling it was time for first period. I go straight there hoping to avoid that boy from my math class.

***

I head into my last class of the day, which I have with Nalah but shes been acting dry all day. I know she more than likely has an attitude about me ditching tutoring but I just cant sit there with him.

Hes the captain of the basketball team, along with King, has money, girls flocks to him, very attractive, plus smart so I just know his ego is on swole and I hate that shit. The way he took charge of the situation yesterday rubbed me the wrong way, I cant stand being told what to do. Especially by males who I dont even know.

"Okay class so today we will be discussing our project-" Ms.Dawns was cut off by someone walking into class.

"I got switched into this class." I heard a slightly familiar deep voice tell her, but I wasnt the nosey type so I kept my head down continuing with my notes.