21.

Millani Mai Miller

New Years Eve

I walk through the crowd in the mall heading for the parking lot. Christmas may be over but families still roam in and out spending more money. I grab my vibrating phone out my back pocket seeing Nalah's name flash across the screen.

"Hey." I answer reaching into my purse to get my car keys.

"You home yet?" I can hear her getting into her car at the same time I am.

"Im on my way."

"Okay." We end the call there and I anticipate what she has to tell me.

Since that Christmas party a lot has went down and I know all this drama is about to spill into school once the break is over. You'd think after the first shooting at a party I'd stop going to them but nooo.

I cant lie though, Im actually lowkey happy that Rylee beat Rico's ass, he was starting to get on my nerves more than usual.

Before I knew it I was pulling into my driveway next to Kyson's car. Nalah's car is parked by the sidewalk so I know shes already in the house probably eating up all the food. My dad's car isnt here so
I know hes at work and I dont really care to know where Nancy is.

"Im home!" I yell into the house, I can hear voices coming from the kitchen so thats where I head. I see Kyson and Nalah standing around the island talking about the food they were eating.

"What yall talking about?"

"Mai, do you or do you not put ketchup all over your fries?!" Kyson questions motioning towards his french fries drowning in ketchup.  I have to stop myself from gagging, I dont know what it is but excessive amounts of condiments grosses me out.

"Ky, you're repulsive." I reply with my mouth in a slight frown, earning a laugh from Nalah.

"I told you!" Nalah exclaims.

Smacking his lips he glares at us as he continues to stuff his face.

"C'mon, I got tea." Nalah grabs my hand dragging me up the stairs to my room, making sure to close the door behind us.

"Sooo, wassup?" She questions getting comfortable on my bed as I move around my room looking around for something other than my work clothes to wear.

"Well, me and Rylee talked since the whole Christmas incident, like talk talk..." My phone lighting up with a text breaking my concentration.

Speaking of the devil.

Babe💘: Dont make plans tonight, Im coming through.

I reply with a simple okay then look up at an awaiting Nalah.

"Helloooo, still waiting to taste tea!"

Giggling with a wide smile I climb in the bed and sit next to her.

"We're dating now." I let out with a relaxed breath. I never thought I would hear myself say that let alone actually mean it but its true and Im more than happy.

Gasping Nalah slaps my arm dramatically, "shut up!" I knew she'd be happy to hear the news making me smile.

"Yeah, we went out to eat the other day and I just asked."

"Wait, you asked him?" I nod with a shrug.

I see no problem with going after what you want, I do it for anything else why not him? Plus I knew the chances of him asking me were less likely but I knew for some reason he wouldn't tell me no.