17.

Millani Mai Miller

Three weeks later

"Okay, Ry, I just need to find an airport outfit and then we can go." I struggle pulling him into H&M behind me.

Its finally winter break and I would be going to Oklahoma tomorrow morning so I needed to prepare myself for the weather. Here in central Texas it doesn't get all that cold and if it does it doesn't last long, so the clothes I had wouldn't cut it for the harsh weather up there.

"Millz, c'mon man you got more than enough clothes at home in yo big ass closet." Rylee complains purposely dragging his feet making it harder for me, huffing I give up and let his hand go.

"Fine, be like that."  Walking away from him I go over to look at jeans, I know I said I was just looking for one outfit but a few extra clothes wouldnt hurt. I mean I am spending the first week of my break up there, I need options.

After an hour of searching and whining from Rylee, Im finally satisfied with my selections and head towards the register.

"Okay, your total is $70.41." The lady says after ringing up the last item, Rylee stands off to the side of me grabbing the bags as I pull out my wallet to pay. "Um he isnt going to pay?" She says in a rude tone with a stank face.

"Why? I have my own money." I snap back, not that its any of her business but I dont like when someone makes it seem like I cant handle my own.

Rylee quickly grabs my arm after I sit the cash on the counter and pulls me away before we could have anymore words. I dont understand some people, its like they have no concept of 'minding their own business'.

"Alright so look, Ima just take an uber to your house in the morning and we'll ride to the airport together." Rylee speaks as we head towards the exit doors of the mall.

I was surprised when he said he wanted to go but even more surprised when our parents agreed to it. Fawn agreed to letting him come simply because she knew I wouldnt be comfortable by myself.

"You dont just wanna spend the night?" I question innocently looking up at his stale face.

"You know damn well yo daddy aint letting that happen, nor your brother." Laughing at him I bundle up in my scarf as my face comes in contact with the harsh winds.

"There this such thing called sneaking in, Ry." I playfully roll my eyes as we finally enter my car, it isnt warm yet but its not windy and thats fine.

"Ion know, let me think about it." Already knowing that means yes, I smile.

Rylee plugs up his phone to my aux cord and starts playing music. I found it funny how when we first met he used to drive in silence now he cant drive off without music playing.

Montana of 300's 'Wifing you' flows through the car instantly putting me in a hype mood.

"I make lots of money, but I still make time for you. You sweeter than honey and these other bitches aint fly as youuuu!" Rylee sings to me making me break out into a blushing smile and laugh. For the most part hes pretty chill and quite but every now and then hes a complete goof and I love it. I love him.

At times I hate that we met when we did, because it just feels like we have little to no time to enjoy what we have. And even though I adore what we have I dont think its right for us to continue it into college.

College is a lot more demanding than high school and we wont be less than 30 minutes away from one another anymore. I just feel like I'd be holding him back if we got into a relationship, I want him to enjoy this experience. Later in life if we ever run into each other again Im willing to pick back up if he is.