Stabs Followed By Stitches

Jacob marvelled at the guns as I placed them into his hands.

"Okay, I now forgive you for cutting my cheek," he laughs and I follow suit.

"I thought you already forgave me for that," he rolls his eyes at me. I take the leather reigns off Jacobs and let him look at the guns. Even though it was just a brief moment, I felt the warmth of his hand on my own. I hear a faint clatter behind the carriage, leading me to turn my head.

"Are you okay (Y/N)?"

"Just making sure there was no one following us."

"Anyway, thanks for these. They are great. What about I take you around, you know, so you can get used to the place as a thank you."

"Yes! That would be great. I don't really know my way around, and having some sort of idea where I am might be helpful." I turn to smile at Jacob and notice him wincing. He had his hand over his stomach, and as I looked closer at his hand, it was coated in red.

"Jacob, what happened?" He looked up with a dismissive attitude.

"Somebody stabbed me, while I was stepping onto this carriage," he reveals. That explains the earlier clatter.

"We have to get help, you might lose a lot of blood and lose consciousness, " I say. Glancing over at his stomach, it looked like a deep gash across his chest. I had basic medical knowledge but I wasn't experienced in major wounds.

"There's a doctor that I know a few blocks away."

"Just give me the directions," I order. I cut off some of my loose shirt and tightly knot it around Jacob's wound. He smiles slightly in appreciation. I start to cut another piece when I notice his eyes are starting to flutter. I quickly finish wrapping the ripped piece of clothing around him and pick up the pace. Jacob struggles to mutter out directions, but I still manage to find the place via his vague instructions. By the time we arrive, Jacob has already passed out. I get out of the carriage and get the horses to stay put. I pull down Jacob onto my left shoulder and struggle his weight to the front door. I could feel his toned torso against my back, leaving a train of blood. I get his arms around my shoulders and give in all of my strength to get him to the front door. I couldn't explain the relief I felt when I saw the light on inside. I hit the door sharply with my knuckles. I hear footsteps coming towards the door.

"Sorry but closing ti-." I cut the gentleman at the door off.

"The name is Jacob Frye. Please help, he has a deep stab wound and needs medical attention." The doctors expression immediately changes when I mention Jacob's name. He helps me get Jacob inside and I see a house maid shut the door. The doctor and I drag Jacob onto a table. The doctor looks at him.

"He's going to need to be stitched up. Do you mind getting his clothes off? My nurse has already left." I figured since he was unconscious, it wouldn't matter.

"Sure," I nod at the doctor.

I took his arms out of his coat and slide it off him. I heard the doctor hastily gathering equipment. I take care with his weapons, which he seemed to have an endless supply of. I put his effects on an empty chair. Before I open his under shirt, I carefully take off the torn bits of shirt I had put on him earlier to stop the bleeding. As I peel the torn pieces away, I notice that they're heavily drenched in his blood. I get to his under shirt and open up the buttons with one hand applying pressure to his wound. There was a large blood stain spreading across it. His chest was exposed to the air, except for the wound which had my hand pressing on it. I noticed his tattoos, in particular the raven. There were several other cuts and wounds that had healed, or in the process of doing so. They were not unfamiliar to me. I also had similar markings on my own body. He was now only wearing his long pants and boots. I walk over to his feet and untie his boots. I sighed as the doctor came back with a metal tray. I sat on the side chair, holding all of Jacob's things except his black combat boots, which sat next to my feet.

The doctor injected a sort of numbing agent and cleaned the wound before starting to stitch into Jacob's skin. I sat in the same chair for what seemed like hours. I sat there until the procedure was finished. I had told the doctor about recently arriving from America and seeing as I didn't know my way around, he offered me a room, which was reserved for patients but was currently unoccupied. I thanked the doctor and accepted his generous offer. I picked up Jacob's things to make things a little cleaner. Before I leave the room, I take another look at Jacob.

"He's going to be fine. He's dealt with far worse," the doctor reassured me. I leave and enter the spare room. I take my coat off and collapse on the bed. I leave all of Jacob's things on the bed next to me. I was worried about Jacob but I was very tired. I felt my eyelids get heavy, eventually closing.