And Then?

Jacob

"Untie me." Even through my limited vision, I witness Delfort move suddenly, which was quickly followed by a sharp rip. Great. A ripped bust is definitely going to make it easier to leave this party unnoticed.

"That's one way to do it," (Y/N) says, presumably with a smirk of disapproval. Delfort let out a defeated chuckle.

"I'll buy you a new one," he dictates.

"Please don't."

"I think I much rather prefer you like this," he says, groaning softly. His comments send a distinctive spasm racing through my spine. I managed to angle my body, so I could see through a rip I noticed in the dressing screen. Both (Y/N) and Delfort were facing towards me, with Delfort standing behind (Y/N), with his adhering arms around her waist. (Y/N)'s chest was almost completely bare, save for an extremely thin, sheer undergarment which exposed every God given outline. Even though no one was in my presence, or rather, no one knowing of my presence besides (Y/N), I felt my face scorch with shame. I attempted to withdraw my gaze, and advert my attention anywhere else, but something kept me staring. That something was probably the male aspect of me, which was now presenting itself in the lower region of my body. The material of my pants tightened, only adding to my self-embarrassment. As if on que, (Y/N) looks at me, with a heightened sense of urgency. She blinks repeatedly leading to my confusion. She rolls her eyes.

"Are his eyes shut?" she mouths. Delfort's head was enthralled in (Y/N)'s hair, which is when I nod. She motions her head slightly, prompting me to move. I slowly exit the bath, carefully avoiding any sudden noises. (Y/N) turns around to face Delfort, pulling him counter-clockwise to shield me from his view. I slowly walk towards Delfort's back as I see (Y/N) raise her hand from the back of his neck to his hair. In a swift motion, I use my bracer to impale his neck with my right hand, using my other to cover him mouth. I hold his mouth shut, as his life slowly tapers off. (Y/N) releases herself from his grasp and retrieves a towel from the dresser. She ties it tightly around Delfort's neck, ceasing any additional bleeding. I glance around the room as Delfort's body weighs on mine.

"That chest?" (Y/N) looks in the same direction and opens said chest. I lift Delfort up and put him in the large wooden chest. I look at his face one last time before closing the lid. I turn back to (Y/N), to see her in front of a mirror, wiping blood off her face with her hand.

"Here." I pull out a handkerchief from my breast pocket and hand it to her. She smiles and takes it. As she cleans her face, I rapidly become aware of her state of undress again, and wanting to avoid repeating my earlier reaction, I take off my coat and place it over her shoulders.

"Thanks, I guess I won't be returning this dress to Evie," she says, examining herself in the mirror.

"I don't think you're counting that as a loss," I say, earning a smile from (Y/N). She just laughed under her breath.

"So, what do you suppose we do now?" I wrestle with some options. If we leave now, we may look suspicious for only attending for such a short period of time. If we stay here, people will seem suspicious when we make our eventual exit. If we exit through the bedroom window, and we get caught, we will definitely arose suspicion. Suspicion seemed to leak from every alternate.

"We have to stay here, don't we?" (Y/N) extracts the information straight from my mind.

"I think it would be for the best, if we wanted to avoid unwanted-"

"Suspicion."

"Yes," I confirm.

"What are we going to do about this?" (Y/N) questions, peeling one side of my coat away from her hip, revealing the torn garment. She looks down herself, sending a ripple through the oversized coat that hung gingerly off he shoulders. I look around.

"Women sew, don't they? As a pastime?"

"I'm sure they do," she smirks. I roll my eyes nonchalantly, and walk towards the bedside table. I open the draw and search around.

"I can't sew Jacob" I hear (Y/N) say.

"I assumed as much and obviously neither can I however, if I can sew wounds together, and manage the hard-wiring of a train, I'm confident that a ripped dress will not best me." I hypothesise, while holding up a pin of thread, impaled with a single silver needle. (Y/N) raises a cautionary brow.

"I am in no way or shape doubting your tailoring skills Jacob, but do you really think you can sew a dress back together in enough time for us to return to the party." The party in question seemed to have kicked into high gear, with the rumblings below becoming more apparent.

"I shall try my best. It's not like we have an abundance of options here."

"You're right. Sorry. I think the ripped part of the dress is over here somewhere." I retrieved the absentee piece of material and returned my attention to the girl sitting on the edge of the bed, in a sullied dress.

"While I will speak to my advance medical skills." I earn a sharp eye roll from (Y/N). "I cannot promise this needle not going astray." She examines the indifferent needle nestled between my fingers, and forcefully bites her tongue in contemplation.

"Well, go ahead then," she proclaims, taking the bright piece of material in my lap. She holds it over her dress, and laces her fingers over the tear. I thread the needle with the only colour of thread I could acquire, red. I say a silent prayer for it to be the only red present for the rest of my sewing adventure.