We Are Men

"Where the hell have you been, Jacob Frye?" I look up to see a very frustrated Evie, shooting heavy glares at Jacob.

"Well I was on a mis-"

"I know, that was yesterday! This is today, and why are you holding your stomach like that?" Jacob looked at the ground and muttered something unsavory.

"Um, he got stabbed so he had to help-" I was stumbling over my words. Elise thankfully cut in.

"Jacob!" she hit him with what look like mapped plans in her hand. Jacob whined and looked at me.

"You made her look after you! She just got here!" she yelled at him.

"I'm sorry! We destroyed the shipment and got the job done," he retorted. Evie seemed to ease up at this, but still with a glimmer of anger. I decided to back him up.

"He was brilliant! Sure he got hurt but he'll be fine," I say, reassuring the angered Assassin. Jacob turned to me slightly, and silently mouthed a 'thank you.

"Fine, but don't put her in that situation again. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see Mr. Green about a new recruitment of Templars." Jacob rolled his eyes.

"Bye (Y/N) and bye brother dearest," she says the end with sarcasm, waving behind her. She jumps out of the train and the room goes silent. After she leaves, Jacob turned to face me.

"Thank you," he said.

"It's fine," I suddenly remember the small glass bottle rolling around in my pocket.

"The doctor said take this if you need some pain relief," I respond and hand him the small jar. It rattles in his hand. He thanks me and goes to rest. He turns around and skulk to his carriage. His long coat sways side to side as he walks, with the odd limp. I turn back to go to my own carriage. I walk in and shut the door. I take off my coat and jacket. I open the brown bag again and take out the shirt that Jacob bought for me. I put my arms through the sleeves and button it on. It was a little too big but it will do. It was quite flattering. I put on the rest of my gear and sit down. I sigh and look out the window. I missed home and my brothers dearly but then again, I would be lying if I said I wasn't falling in love with London. The old brick buildings and market clustered streets. Meeting Jacob, ruthless Assassin running wild in London, had opened my eyes to the fact that our work is vital, and there was work to be done. He's funny but focused, in his own way. He's difficult but accepting. I guess time will tell how true the stories are about him.

~ Jacob ~

Different. She acts so strange for a girl, even one in the Order. She's ready to brawl just like a lad, yet she's feminine in her style. She wants to be fighting. I've has never met anyone like that before, well maybe except Evie. I continued to ponder about (Y/N) while looking out the window. There was a business deal I was meant to close today, but because of my current state and Evie's watchful eye, I decided against it. As I sat down to the comfort of my bed, I felt the sharp pain in my stomach. I looked down at the neat bows that (Y/N) had tied. I smiled and undid them. I tossed my shoes near the closet and sighed. I unbuttoned my coat and under jacket and threw them both at the end of the bed. I lay back onto the bed, and slowly let the rocking of the train, whisk me to sleep.

~ (Y/N) ~

Evie had given me a train plan of where the hideout would be and when any time of the day. I did want to go out, however I didn't know my way around, well at least until Jacob showed me around. There would be a period of time where the train would be based at Charring Cross for an hour for general repairs and refills. I decided to have a look around the train. The walls were covered in beautiful wooden paneling. I looked at several images and notes tagged together with red string with a major central picture, Starrick. I assumed it was a wall of assassination targets, or at least a link between them. I looked around and saw fabric covered furniture that had intricate designs on them. I ran my hand along the long seat that was gentle to touch. There were several framed documents and photographs on the ever moving walls. There was one with two small children and an older man. Evie and Jacob. I smile and look at the image. Both of them were bright eyed and happy. Their father, I assumed, was smiling and had his arms around both of his young children.