Chapter 13. Coffee Break

[A/N: For mesandy17, my second fan ever.]

Max POV.

Groaning, I rolled over in bed and died a little. My body still felt like one big throbbing bruise. I thought Gunnar said it would be gone by now?

I blush when I think of what he did to heal my cuts. He licked me! That's kinda hot. Too bad I was passed out for that. I laugh at my own thoughts and crawl out of bed. Heading to the bathroom, I'm surprised to see clear skin in the mirror. I strip and check every inch. Nada. Not a single bruise. I poke tentatively at my side and wince. Okay, not a single visible bruise.

I have a hot shower to relieve the residual pain, moaning as the heat penetrates my aching flesh. My phone beeps on the counter and I quickly finish up, hoping it's Gunnar. I stumble out of the tub and snatch my phone, disappointed when it's from Aggie.

Hey Bitch! We're meeting at the coffee shop in an hour. NO EXCUSES!

After asking if I can bring Gunnar, I dress and head downstairs for breakfast. 

I walk in the kitchen and see my cousin Leo sitting at the table eating cereal. I stop short and stare. He nods at me before taking another bite.

"What are you doing here?" I mean, it's not like he can't come over, but I'm sure they have cereal across the street. 

"Bored." He doesn't even look up and spoons another mouthful. Incredulously, I scoff at him. He shoots me a glare.

"Sure, bored. I always go eat someone else's cereal when I'm bored. It just brightens my day!" He rolls his eyes but otherwise ignores me. I grab a bowl and spoon. After pouring myself some frosty goodness I join him at the table. He gets up and gets another bowl, causing my eyebrows to raise.

"Seriously?"

He shrugs. "I eat a lot."

We chew for a while, not saying anything, the only sounds our crunching and the occasional clanking of spoons on bowls. I watch him out of the corner of my eye. Honestly, I don't really know Leo. He's quiet and shy. Maybe he's lonely.

"Wanna come to the coffee shop with me?" The question slips out of my mouth before I realize it. Both of our spoons freeze in mid-air. His eyes widen.

"Really?" He blushed when he realized how eager he sounds. Aw, poor kid. He is lonely.

"Of course. Me and Gunnar are meeting Aggie and Lenny there. Gunnar's gonna pick me up in 15. That gives you time to grab a jacket."

Gunnar showed up right on time and I threw myself at him as soon as the door was open. His eyes ate me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist, my pain forgotten as tingles took over. I bit my lip nervously under his gaze, causing his eyes to darken. He growled low in his chest, causing electricity to race up my spine. Pushing me against the door frame, he attacked my lips with a hunger that made me weak. Just as we were really getting into it someone cleared their throat.