Chapter 14. Meet the Pack

[A/N: The dedication goes to uberprecious because she is my fastest voter. I love your enthusiasm. The video on the side is the scene from sixteen candles. The line was 'What's happenin, hot stuff?']

[A/N: The scene starts at 888]

Gunnar's POV

Max pulled me to the car hurriedly, then tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for me to unlock the door. I took my time getting out my keys, causing him to scowl at me.

"Man hurry up, my body is aching in pain and in-" he blushed and lowered his head. 

At first I smirked at how easily I could arouse him, but then the rest of his sentence registered and I tensed, letting out a low growl. He looked up at me and squeaked, that damn fear flashing in his gorgeous smokey eyes. I took a deep breath, trying to control my over-protective instincts.

"You're in pain?" I tried to keep my voice as even as possible. He bit his lip and nodded.

"It's like a dull ache. But the bruises are gone!" He sounded like a child trying to reassure his parent that there is a bright side to the story.

I just shake my head, help him in and buckle him up. Then I get in and pull out of the car lot. He's silent until we pull up at the community gates. His eyes widen comically.

"Are you rich?" He watches me apprehensively as I punch in the security code. I smile at him reassuringly.

"We're a wolf pack Max. We just want our privacy." He still looks nervous as the gates open and I drive up the boulevard. He sucked in a sharp breath then chewed his lip when I pulled up to the pack house.

"You live here! It's huge!" His eyes are wide as he takes in the stately mansion. The place was shaped like a giant X from a birds eye view. The architectural style reminded me of the french quarter in New Orleans. Red brick, black shutters and intricate wrought iron balconies, white borders on every door and window. The ivy making it's way up was the final touch.

"Yeah, but I'm not the only one. The Alpha's, Beta's and Gamma's family, plus all the Elders and un-mated Omegas also live here. That's almost fifty people. And a lot of the rooms are guest rooms." 

I park around the side and get out and open his door, unbuckling him. His face pinks.

"Why do you always do that? Never mind, I know why, I just... can't get used to it." 

I smirk. "I wouldn't want you to get used to it. I like how your heart picks up and your face blushes every time."

He flushed, then huffed and started to walk away before stopping, looking uncertain. Realizing his dilemma, I take his hand in mine and lead him to the nearest entrance. 

Once inside I drag him up to my room before anyone can catch up to us. I locked the door and turned to him. He looked nervously at the door then looked to me questioningly.

"Um, we're not gonna, um... are we?" He chews his lip nervously and I seriously consider forcing him to submit for a moment. But I don't want him to hate me forever. Not to mention he'd be stronger after so I'm not gonna risk it.

"No Max, but you do need to take your clothes off." I tell him, watching his face to see what he makes of that. His heart rate picked up and his eyes widened in alarm.

"W-why?"

I can't help but chuckle at him. With his eyes so wide he looks almost doe-like. "You're still sore. I'm going to take care of that before we go to meet my family."