Chapter 24. Caught

[A/N: STOP! DID YOU READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER! These were updated pretty close to each other, so please make sure you know where you left off.

Had this song on repeat while writing this. -> For some reason it makes me really sad. :(

Dedicated to KiDeNa. Because you gave me two dedications! Thank you! ]

 Chapter 24

Gunnar's POV

It had only been three hours since I had last seen Max and I missed him already. My skin itched and it was really starting to get on my nerves. I was idly scratching my shoulder when Erik came into the room.

"A rogue lookout was caught at the edge of the territory. He's down in the holding cells. The Alpha wants you down there." He turned and left and I followed excitedly, calling Max on the way down. It went straight to message. Frowning, I checked the number. Seeing that it was indeed his number, I tried again. Nothing.

I opened the basement door and hung up, putting the phone in my pocket and reaching behind me to scratch my back.  I joined Magnus, David and Pop at the holding cell. 

A rogue sat tied to a chair. He was snarling viciously at Magnus, clearly not co-operating. Magnus sighed and nodded to a pack-mate behind him. The wolf turned and left the room before Magnus turned to me.

"We can't get anything out of him and he's covered in the stuff, but he'd been there for a while. We found him, but not where he had came from. The scent is too weak to follow any further."

I nodded. "What are you gonna do?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Threaten him." The pack member came back with two clear vials and handed them to Magnus. He grabbed them and shook one at me.

"With this. Extract of Wolves bane."

My eyebrows disappeared into my hairline. "Won't that kill him?"

"It takes a couple hours to work in small dosages. If I give him the antidote within an hour, he'll survive. Now I need you to help me with him."

Max's POV

Leo lied on the floor in his own mess, still gagging occasionally. He'd stopped responding to my voice and his eyes flickered at irregular intervals. Occasionally he'd scratch at his skin frantically, leaving bright red scratch marks and tiny dots of blood.

The whipping had been very bad for him.

Gunnar's POV

Fifteen minutes later and he was starting to feel the effects of the poison. A cold sweat had broken over his skin and his scent started to thicken with fear. His face contorted with pain as cramps hit his gut.