Chapter Nine

NALA'S POV

As we were following Mr Beaver (who later found out, was his name... or what he preferred to be called) through a passageway, Mr Beaver was continuously telling us to hurry up or that we were too slow. Because of the pace we were going. Mind you, we all are only like five ft away from him, so there should be no reason to actually say it all the time.

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall." Mr Beaver said.

As soon as Mr Beaver finished talking, I squeezed Peter's hand out of shock. But, I calmed down when he gave me a slight squeeze back, causing me to smile as I looked up at him. He looked down at with a small gentle smile, causing my cheeks to burn. I turned my head, so I was looking forward, instead of looking at Peter. I was aware that Peter was still looking at me, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him again. Because I know that once I look at him again, I won't be able to look away.

~Le Mini Time Skip: Other Side of The Passage~

After a few minutes of walking, we all finally made it to the other side of the passageway. Making me sigh in relief, because I don't think that I could of handle Peter constantly looking at me every 5 seconds or so.

Looking out, I saw that the sun was touching the horizon, as night time was beginning to draw near. Watching the sun just disappear, right before Mr Beaver stopped walking, making the rest of us to stop as well.

"Ah, blimey! Looks like the old girl has got the kettle on. Nice cup o'Rosy Lee." Mr Beaver said.

"It's lovely." Lucy said causing me to smile at how nice she was being towards the beaver.

"Merely a trifle. You know. Still plenty to do. Ain't quite finished it yet. It'll look the business when it is, though." Mr Beaver said, as proud was clearly heard through his tone of voice.

"No matter what Mr Beaver I still think it's beautiful." I said causing Mr Beaver to look up at me with a smile.

"Ahh, thank you Nala. It's great to see you again it is." Mr Beaver said walking forward.

I smiled and started to walk forward when I felt Peter pull me back.

"What does he mean when 'it's great to see you again' Nala?" Peter asked causing me to shrug.

"I really don't know." I answered truthfully.

~Le Mini Time Skip: Outside of Mr and Mrs Beavers hut~

"Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick! If I find you've been out with Badger again, I...." Mrs Beaver started to say as she came out of her house but stopped when she saw us walking towards the hut. "Oh! Well, those aren't badgers. Oh, I never thought I'd live to see this day." Mrs Beaver said as she waddled over towards us, and might I say that was the most cutest thing that I've ever seen. "Look at my fur. You could 't give me ten minutes warning?" Mrs Beaver said whacking Mr Beaver in the arm.

"I'd have given a week if I thought it would've helped." Mr Beaver said causing all of us to chuckle.

"Oh, come inside, and we'll see if we can't get you some food, and some civilized company." Mrs Beaver said causing me to laugh.

Mrs Beaver turned and saw me causing her eyes to go wide.

"Merlin is it really her Beaver?" Mrs Beaver asked as she turned to face Mr Beaver.

"Yes it really is." Mr Beaver said.

"Well bless my bark! Well then do come in then, it's nice seeing you again Nala." Mrs Beaver said turning around and waddling into her house.

"Now, careful. Watch your step." Mr Beaver said.

"Excuse the mess." Mrs Beaver said walking over towards the kitchen.

TO BE CONTINUED