Chapter Twelve

NALA'S POV

It didn't take us, that long to reach the cottage. But, once we did, we made a mad dash towards the door, as fast as our legs could carry us. Mr Beaver, slammed open the door, making it slam against the door. Causing Mrs Beaver to jump, startled at the sudden noise.

"Hurry, mother! They're after us!" Mr Beaver yelled out as soon as we all entered the house.

"Oh, right then." I then watch Mrs Beaver go around the kitchen packing stuff up from cupboards.

"What's she doing?" Peter asked from his spot next to me.

"Oh, you'll be thanking me later." Mrs Beaver started. "It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry." She explained.

"I'm cranky now!" Mr Beaver snapped.

Susan then left our side to help Mrs Beaver pack up some food and stuff that we need for the journey.

"Take them." I faintly heard, causing myself to jump slightly at the voice that I just heard causing Peter to look at me.

"Nala are you alright?" Peter asked squeezing my hand with his that I somehow must of forgotten that was still placed in my hand.

"Yeah.... I'm fine." I say looking into his blue eyes.

As soon as our eyes meet, it was like the world stopped, spinning. It was just us, no one was there with us. No, worries in the world and that we weren't just getting hunted down. Nothing else seemed to matter, it was just us. You might as well, call me a love sick teenager. But, I feel as if I have started to actually have feelings for Peter. I mean, I've never ever thought about a boy before, nor did I ever had a crush on a boy. But, our little moment, was cut short due to Susan speaking up.

"Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asked causing us to look at her.

"Only if the Witch serves toast." Peter said sarcastically causing me to look at him with raised eyebrow.

As soon as Peter stopped talking, we all heard barking. Meaning, the wolves are close, like outside near the cottage close.  Also meaning, bad thing for us if they manage to get inside fast enough, which I highly doubt. Because the sticks that made up the cottage is thick, so it would take a while for them to get past. We let out a gasp as we heard scratching noises, making my breath come out heavily and uneven.

"Come on, this way." Mrs Beaver said as she opened up a secret door that leads down into a dark tunnel.

Nodding our heads, we all followed Mr and Mrs Beaver into the secret door.

~Li Mini Time Skip~

"Badger and me dug this. Comes out right near his place." Mr Beaver said as we ran through the tunnel.

"You told me it led to your mum's!" Mrs Beaver exclaimed.

I looked back in time to just see Lucy trip over a tree root causing me to stop running making Peter to stop running as well.

"Lucy!" Susan exclaimed as she went over to Lucy.

We all seemed to stop a moment when we all heard barking causing me to tighten my grip on Peter's hand causing him to squeeze my hand in response.

"They're in the tunnel." Lucy whisper as s frightened look appeared on her face.

"Quick! This way." Mr Beaver yelled out to us as he turned around and started to run ahead.

"Hurry!" Mrs Beaver urged as she ran behind Mr Beaver.

Letting go of Peter's hand I walked over towards Lucy's form, ignoring the confused look on Peter's face as I picked up Lucy and started to ran in the direction Mr and Mrs Beaver went. The others in tow.

"Run!" Peter yelled out.

"Quick! Quick! Quick!" Mrs Beaver rushed as we all were behind her.

After running for a few more seconds we appeared at a dead end causing me to tighten my grip on Lucy's hand as she started to tremble slightly.

"You should have brought a map!" Mrs Beaver exclaimed looking at her husband.

"There wasn't room next to the jam." Mr Beaver retorted before jumping up and clawing his way up on a ledge.

We all followed his lead, first it was Mrs Beaver, then it went Susan, then I pushed Lucy forwards so she goes first before Peter and I, since we're the oldest we had to make sure Lucy's safe, as well as the others. After Lucy went, I was about to go but Peter stopped me causing me to look at him confused.

"Peter we don't have time to stop." I said looking at him trying to get towards the little tunnel.

"I know.... but there's..... I just wanted to tell you.... I just wanted to say...." Peter stuttered causing me to roll my eyes.

"Peter what you're about to say, can wait until we are all safe, right now is not the time." I exclaimed as I could hear them getting closer before ripping myself out of Peter's arm and climbing up the tunnel.

As soon as I got out of the tunnel we waited two more seconds before Peter climbed up. I looked over towards Mr Beaver and saw Mr Beaver trying to move a barrel causing Peter and I to move the barrel at the tunnel, making it blocking the tunnel so it could buy us more time to escape from the wolves.

We all turned around when we heard Lucy yell out, when we turned around we finally saw something that made us all sad. Everywhere we looked it was statues of Narnian's.

"No." I whispered to myself as I stated in horror, wondering who could do such a thing.

We all walked over towards a badger looking statue causing me to gasp in shock as my hands flew and covered my mouth as I stared at the Badger.

"I'm so sorry, dear." Mrs Beaver said solemnly.

"He was my best mate." Mr Beaver said sadly.

"What happened here?" Peter demanded as he wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer towards him.

"This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch." A new voice said causing us to look over towards the voice.

TO BE CONTINUED