Chapter Eleven

NALA'S POV

Not too long, Peter, Susan, Lucy, Mr Beaver and I ran out of the cottage and bolted into the freezing cold weather, in hopes of catching up to Edmund in time. I seriously can't believe that he, out of all people would leave and wander around in the woods. Especially now that the Witch is ruling Narnia. And not to mention, the fact that he left his coat where he last sat. Oh, how furious I am. Edmund if the Witch does something, I'm personally going to slap you so hard that you future grandchildren will feel it.

As we were running, through the thick layers of snow. I felt Peter grab a hold of my hand, making me look at him for a slip second. Wondering why he suddenly grabbed my hand, I mean I'm not complaining or anything, but there really wasn't a reason for him to grab my hand. I am running as fast as I can, in this thick layer of snow. But then I realized, Peter only grabbed my hand, was to help me get up the hill that we were currently running up at the moment. Man, do I feel stupid at the moment.

"Hurry!" Peter yelled back pulling me along with him as we started to go a bit faster but it wasn't that fast at all.

After a few more minutes, we finally made it up that step slope. Because seriously, that climb was so hard to climb, especially with all of that thick layers of snow. We all came to a stop, when we all saw a castle that was made out of ice, which by the way was cool but I knew that it was where the White Witch lives which made me angry a bit when I started to see a small figure walked up to the doors of the ice palace.

"Edmund!" Lucy yelled out which caused my to grab her hand and squeeze it.

"Shh! They'll hear you!" Mr Beaver said harshly which caused me to slightly glare at him. How dare he snap at Lucy, like that. She is scared for her brother's safety.

Peter than made a rash decision and advanced forwards, only to be stopped when Mr Beaver grabbed Peter's hand, with both of his paws.

"No!" Mr Beaver yelled, causing Peter to look down at him.

"Get off me!" Peter yelled at him.

"You're playing into her hands." Mr Beaver said.

After he said that, everything seemed to click inside of me. The White Witch is just using Edmund to lure us into her hands so that we can't make the prophecy come true.

'That sneaky little bi....' I was cut off from my thoughts by Susan.

"We can't just let him go!" Susan said.

"He's our brother!" Lucy added, softly.

"He's the bait! The Witch wants all five of us!" I spoke up causing everyone to look at me but they saw that my eyes were sad, so Peter came over towards me and pulled me into a warm hug which made me want to melt.

"Why?" Peter asked looking down at me for a moment before looking at Mr Beaver.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true. To kill you!" Mr Beaver said, causing me to whimper. Making Peter tighten his hold on me.

We all turned around, only to see the doors closing which caused me to start whimpering a bit because I feared for Edmund's life, wishing to the gods above that Edmund will make it out of that castle alive. Feeling that something is about to happen, I pushed myself away from Peter's grip on me and walked over towards Lucy and wrapped my arms around her shoulder pulling her closer towards me.

"This is all you fault." Susan suddenly said glaring at her brother.

'How is this his fault?' I thought to myself.

"My fault?" Peter asked voicing my opinions as he turned around to face Susan.

"None of this would have happened if you had listened to me in the first place!" Susan yelled.

"Oh so you knew this would happened?" Peter snapped back.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should have left while we still could!" Susan yelled.

"Stop it!" Both Lucy and I yelled at the same time, causing both the older siblings to look at both Lucy and I.

"This isn't going to help save Edmund." Lucy said causing me to nod.

"She's right." Mr Beaver said causing all of us to look at him.

"Only my father can help Edmund now." I said letting go of Lucy and walk over towards Peter and gave him a hug which when I did made him tighten his grin on me as soon as I was in his embrace.

"Then take us to him." Peter said desperately.

"Don't worry, we'll get Edmund back, before the end of the week." I said softly kissing Peter's cheek.

Peter looked down at me for a second before looking back to the castle, with worried eyes. As he gazed with the rest of us, staring at the ice castle in sadness and despair. It was that long after we were gazing at the ice castle when we heard, howling. Not any howling, but a wolf pack howling, meaning one thing....

"She knows." I whispered.

"What?" Mr Beaver asked looking at me.

"She knows!" I screeched getting out of Peter's embrace. "She knows where here and is sending the secret police." I rushed out.

Realization seemed to slap Mr Beaver across the face like a ton on bricks as his eyes were wide open.

"Come on let's go!" He yelled before he started to run back to the house.

"What? What's happening?" Susan asked looking at me.

"The White Witch that's what's happening! Now run!" I yelled, before grabbing Lucy's hand and running. Leaving the older sibling behind, but I heard them talk for a bit more, before I heard the crunching of the snow behind. Indicating that they were right behind me.

'Please, let's just hope we get to the house on time.' I thought.

TO BE CONTINUED