Chapter Twenty-One

LUCY'S POV

Both Susan and I watched in horror, as both Nala and Aslan were killed by the White Witch. I stared in shock and I believe that Susan would look like it as well. We just watched our best friend die as well as her father in front of ours eyes, I let out a chocked sob causing Susan to pull me into a tight hug, me burying my head into her shoulder.

"The Great Cat and his daughter are dead!" We could hear making the both us to sob slightly louder.

They were dead now and there was nothing that we could do about it, nothing at all, it made me even more sad now because I wondered what Peter and Edmund are going to say about this, Peter he would be devastated knowing that the girl who he loves is dead and as for Edmund, I know that he now sees Nala as an older sister that he could look up to, it would tear both Edmund and Peter's souls apart.

Both Susan and I stayed where we were hiding until all of the White Witches creatures were gone before we slowly made our way towards the now dead bodies of Aslan and Nala making me hold back a gasp as we both saw that they looked so peaceful. Is this what you look like after you die? As if you were sleeping without a care in the world? I started to run towards the Stone Table and sat between Nala and Aslan and fumbled for my cordial in hopes to bring them back since Narnia really needs them especially Aslan.

"It's too late." Susan whispered softly causing me to look up at her and saw tears streaming down her face with a sad look on her face, I'm sure my face mirrored hers. "They're gone." Susan finished causing me to put my cordial away. "They must have known what they were doing." Susan said as she stroked Nala's snout.

I looked down at Aslan and started stroking his face, both Susan and I let out a loud sob as we both hugged the two lions, their bodies were slightly cold but that didn't stop us from hugging them. After a while, I started hearing snapping sounds and I'm sure Susan did too because when I lifted my head she did to. We both looked for the source of the snapping sounds but only to be confused when we saw mouses chewing on the ropes that bind both Nala and Aslan.

"Get away! Get away, all of you!" Susan warned, trying to get the mice away from both Nala and Aslan.

"No. Look." I said softly as I watched as the mice snapped the binds off of both Nala and Aslan's body.

Both Susan and I started to untie the rest of the ropes off of Nala and Aslan's snouts.

"We have to tell the others." Susan cried causing me to look at her with sad eyes.

"We can't just leave them!" I said.

"Lucy, there's no time. They need to know. Especially Peter." Susan said as she started to stroke Nala's body.

Peter.... I wonder what he's going to think about this. Even though I'm young I understand that Peter is in love with Nala, and I'm pretty sure that Nala is also in love with Peter.

"The trees." I suddenly say causing Susan to look at me with a confused look before a look of recognition flashed through her eyes as she nods her head at me.

PETER'S POV

I was woken up by something blowing against my face, it felt so soft that I reached and felt my cheek but felt nothing. As I opened my eyes I saw something or someone, it was a strange figure causing me to panic as I quickly reached for my sword still lying down and pointed it towards the figure, when I did that I saw in the corner of my eyes that I woke Edmund up.

"Be still, my Princes." It spoke it a calm voice causing me to look over at Ed and saw that he was looking at me with confused eyes before turning our attention back towards the figure. "I bring grave news from your sisters." The figure said making me lower my sword as I stated at it waiting for the news. "Aslan and his daughter, Nala, both are dead. I am sorry." She said before flying away.

I sat there in shock as I heard the news about Nala and Aslan, but mostly Nala. The girl who I have loved is now dead.... I looked over at Ed and saw that he was also slightly shocked considering he viewed Nala as an older sister, what am I going to do now? Now that the love of my life is gone..... But something hit me like a ton of bricks.... 

I didn't get to tell her, what has been on my mind ever since we kissed. Something that I won't ever get to tell her now, because she's dead. The thing that I wanted to tell her was

.

.

.

.

that I love her.

~Le Mini Time Skip~

I walked out of Nala and Aslan's tent and walked over towards where Edmund and Oreius is.

"She's right. They're gone." I said sadly.

"Then you'll have to lead us." Ed said causing me to look at him. "Peter, there's an army out there and it's ready to follow you."

"I can't." I said slightly frustrated.

"Aslan and Nala believed you could. And so do I." Ed said making me look at him.

"The Witch's army is nearing, sire. What are your orders?" Oreius said making me look at him before looking back down.

'This is for you, my love. I just only hope that I get to see you again.' I thought to myself as I made the final decision.

TO BE CONTINUED