Chapter Eighteen

NALA'S POV

I woke up to the sound of my people, working or their nosily chattering. Causing a smile to appear on my face, knowing that the Pevensie siblings are the reason why they are so happy, knowing that they can have their lands back, with so much faith it definitely put a smile on my face.

Getting out of bed, I got dresses into the same dress that I wore yesterday, because it was a beautiful dress and not to mention that it belonged to my mother, so I of course wanted to wear it so I can feel like she is a part of me. (I seriously hoped that made sense) After getting dressed into my mother's dress, I made my way out of my tent and went for a walk around the camp. As I was walking around the camp, I bumped into Susan and Lucy.

"Good morning, Lucy and Susan." I said smiling at them.

"Morning Nala." Both Lucy and Susan said causing all of us to giggle.

"What are you girls doing?" I asked as we continued to walk.

"Just walking." Lucy said making me nod my head.

Susan, Lucy and I talked about anything and everything as we walked around camp but we came to a stop when we saw Peter looking up at the hill, following his gaze I saw Edmund causing me to gasp as I saw how exhausted he look.

"Edmund!" Lucy yelled and was about to run at him but Susan and I grabbed a hold of her pulling her back causing her to look at us with confused eyes making me shake my head.

I saw that both Edmund and dad look down at us for a brief second before dad said something to Edmund before nodding his head towards us. Edmund then slowly made his way towards us with dad right behind him. Edmund and dad came to a stop in front of us and as Edmund looked at us before quickly looking down but I saw how bruised up he was making me gasp in shock.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." Dad said before leaving.

"Hello." Edmund said softly causing me to smile as Lucy walked and hugged Edmund.

I watched as Edmund wrap his arms around Lucy with a smile on his face. He was probably happy to know that we don't blame him for what had happen. As soon as Lucy stopped hugging Edmund Susan pulled him into a hug, happy to know the Edmund is safe.

"Are you all right?" Susan asked after they broke away from the hug.

"I'm a little tired." Edmund responded.

"Get some sleep." Peter said nodding his head towards his tent.

As Edmund started to head towards Peter's.... and well I guess it's gonna be Edmund's tent as well, but as soon as Edmund only walked a few feet, I stopped him making him look at me with a questionable look, before pulling him into a tight hug. Causing him to tense up a bit, but then to only relax into the hug and hug me back.

"And Edmund..." Peter said causing Edmund and I to break away from the hug and look at Peter. "try not to wonder off." Peter joked causing Edmund to smile and walk into Peter's tent.

"Since when did you become funny?" I asked Peter, as Susan and Lucy walked away.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Peter said jokingly making me chuckle.

"Aside from that note, that was really nice." I said making Peter confuse before I added. "With Edmund."

"Yeah." He said causing me to smile as he looked back at the tent.

"You really are fond of your family aren't you." I stated as we started to walk away from the tent.

"Yeah, well I did promise my mum, that I would look after them." Peter said making me smile up at him.

"That's nice." I said smiling causing him to smile in return.

~Le Mini Time Skip~

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." Lucy joked, causing Edmund to chuckle as he devoured the toast.

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." Peter said, making me to look over at him in confusion and horror.

'Don't tell me, he's going to leave Narnia? No he can't! We need him and his family! But more importantly I need him.' I thought sadly to myself.

"We're going home?" Susan asked, confused with what Peter said.

"You are." Peter said making me scrunch up my eyebrows in confusion. What? "I promised mum I'd keep you three safe. And I promised Aslan I'd keep Nala safe as well." Peter said as he came and sat down next to me.

'Peter promised that to my father?' I thought to myself, as I looked at him in shock and surprise that Peter would promise my father like that.

"But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help." Peter finished.

"But they need us. All five of us." Lucy said glumly.

"Lucy, it's too dangerous. You and Nala almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!" Peter stated frustrated, as he made out on the dangerous things that happened to us as we journeyed to get to dad's camp.

"Which is why we have to stay." Edmund said causing all of us to look at him. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it." Edmund said causing all of us to look shock.

"Thank you Edmund, me and my people will follow you." I said causing all of them to look at me. "We'll follow all of you till our last breath." I finished, causing the four siblings to smile at me.

"I suppose that's it then." Susan said as she started to get up causing all of us to look at her with confusion as she walked towards where her quiver is.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked as soon as Susan reached her quiver and bow.

"To get some practice." Susan said in a 'duh' like tone, causing me to giggle as Lucy got up and ran after Susan.

"Well I better get some practice as well, since it's been a long time since I used weapons." I said standing up and walked over towards my quiver with my bow and arrows as well as my magical daggers. "You boys better practice fighting on horses, I suggest you go to Oreius." I said looking at the two boys before smiling at them and walking away.

As I started to walk away, I heard Peter yelling out before a loud thud echoed through my ears, making a smile appear on my face as I heard Edmund's laughter filling my ears. So either Peter or Edmund, were doing something or they're just being boys. Oh well, I continued to make my way towards the archery fields without looking back.

TO BE CONTINUED