Chapter Fourteen

NALA'S POV

"Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table just across the frozen river." Mr Beaver explained, as we were stopped on top of a mountain, looking out to the horizon.

"River?" Peter questioned squeezing my hand tightly in his.

Have you guys ever noticed that ever since we entered Narnia Peter's been acting different? I mean he's been constantly holding my hand and always wrapping his arm around my waist and always pulling me closer towards him? You have, oh great I thought that was just my imagination......

"Oh the river's been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs Beaver explained, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"It's so far." Peter said shaking his head.

"It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?" Mrs Beaver said causing me to smile at her question.

"Smaller." Susan said glaring slightly at Peter causing me to narrow my eyes as she started walking.

As everyone started to walk on, Peter and I stayed back as Peter still looked out at the frozen lake.

"Come on Peter, the faster we get to my father's camp the faster we can save Edmund." I say before pulling him with me.

But what I didn't know was that Peter was looking at me with love in his eyes as he watched me pull him with me with a big smile on his face.

~Le Mini Time Skip~

As we were walking across the frozen river with only a third left to go, I looked around and saw that the two Beavers were leading a fair few paces ahead of us and that Lucy a few paces behind Peter, Susan and I.

"Come on, humans! While we're still young." Mr Beaver exclaimed causing me to snort.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time." Peter started before bending down and picked up Lucy carrying her on his back causing me to smile at the siblings. "I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat." Peter finished causing Susan and I to laugh.

"Hurry up! Come on!" Mr Beaver yelled out to us causing me to raise an eyebrow because over the last few hundred times he told us to hurry up it wasn't in the tone he said it now.

"He is getting a little bossy." Lucy said to us.

"No! Behind you! It's her!" Mrs Beaver yelled, causing all of us to turn around and see something coming towards us and in fact it was her.

"Run! Run!" Mrs Beaver yelled out as Peter put Lucy down and we started to run the rest of the way across the river.

We burst through the trees and started to find a place where we can hide. After a while we found a place to hide it was like a small cave causing all of us to get in, but since there was six of us I say on Peter's lap, we all started to breath heavily as we heard the sleigh stop near us causing my breath to be caught in my throat as I heard crunching sounds coming closer to us.

I saw a shadow causing myself to throw my head into Peter's neck ad grab his hands in my small ones making him squeeze my hands in return and to form some sort of comfort. After a while the shadow left causing all of us to breath a sigh of relief causing me to slightly pull my head away from Peter's neck and look around.

"Maybe she's gone." Lucy said softly.

"I suppose I'll go look." Peter said causing me to grip tighter on him.

"No!" Both Mr Beaver and I exclaimed.

"You're worth nothing to Narnia dead." Mr Beaver explained.