6: Memories Of An Eyeless Apple (Part Two)

Doctor Smiley ducked under the surgery table and out of sight. He clung onto one of the steely legs, shivering from his own fear. The sterile air-conditioning probably didn't help.

From above him, E.J gave a low moan of pain. And something about kidney dialysis.

The surgery's harsh overhead lighting exaggerated every shadow to the extreme, so imagine what it did when L.J popped into existence.

Smiley tucked his knees under his chin as candy scattered all over the spotless floor. The not-so-good doctor could only pray that his own shadow would blend in well. This isn't good...

"Move it, copycat!"

E.J's body was rolled off the table and plopped onto the floor like a ragdoll.

The only difference was the plush squashing sound that usually came after. It was replaced with a sharp crack and a sleepy yelp of indignance.

Smiley cringed, tucking his head down too. His charcoal-coloured hair did give him a little more camouflage, but not much. Not good at all...

L.J fiercely knelt down, resting a palm on the floor for balance as his eyes hunted around the room. He could practically sniff Smiley out from a mile away if he needed to, despite his nose's squashed state.

"My nose won't fix itself and I'm not a patient patient! Where are ya hiding?"

Everything was over when the dreadful silence dropped like a curtain. With a triumphant cackle, the monochrome clown yanked a whimpering Doctor Smiley out by the scruff of his coat.

The not-so-good doctor pulled himself together; stood up and regained his composure. He'd abruptly returned to having a professional air surrounding him.

"I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't make a habit of bursting in whilst I'm treating my patients," he said calmly, reaching behind him to pull down a sheet of surgery-grade paper from a hanging roll.

Instead of using it to line the table, he used the paper to delicately cover E.J's sprawled-out body. Either to make him decent, or just to try and keep him warm.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just fix my nose, okay?" L.J asked grumpily, plonking himself down on the bloodstained table.

Sweatdropping, Smiley moved closer to the surgery table and absentmindedly picked up a custom-made wrench from his tray of silver tools on his way there. It softly scraped against the metal.

He produced a measuring stick from his pocket and ran two fingers over the length of it until he reached a certain point that was marked with a swirly shape.

"Don't worry; I'm just helping you..." His voice went sickly sweet.

Everyone knew that Smiley got carried away when it came to performing anything that would cause pain. And by the sound of it, he hadn't gotten a chance to "help" anyone properly all day.

Before he could do anything more violent to the monochrome clown, Jeff came stumbling in. Pink hair, pink maid outfit (bottom half only) and a pink face. He looked like he'd fallen out of a window and landed in a rose bush.

"What happened to you?" Smiley and Laughing Jack asked in perfect unison.

"I fell out of a window and landed in a rose bush," Jeff chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head and then flinching, holding his hand out in front of him to examine it for foreign objects.

With L.J's nose back to normal, the monochrome clown had no reason to stay. He left Smiley with his hands full, since Jeff had gotten thorns all over the place.

As for Eyeless Jack? Well, unfortunately, the paper camouflaged him a little too well. Smiley forgot about him for a whole fifteen minutes, before being reminded when he accidently stepped on his face.

Poor E.J.

____________________________
A/N: Here's part two, which brings the total word count to the goal!
Anyway, I'm pretty tired. But so happy, because now we've got over one hundred views!
And I'm like WHAAAT? HOW DA HECK DID THAT HAPPEN?!
Would it be too much to ask for one hundred and fifty? Tell your friends, vote, talk to your dog, leave a comment, feed your goldfish, water a random bush, do whatever you feel like doing today!

Toodle - Doo!
Final Word Count: Eh, 2000+ or somethin'.