22: A Blood Red Apple; Cut And Polished

Smiley was awoken by the sensation of Sonic.exe trotting over his face.

Looking very unapologetic, the blue hedgehog stepped on him again on his way out of the door with a final dustpan full of smashed pill powder.

The not-so-good doctor unexpectedly sat up.

He tried to remember what the heck he'd been doing, while still disoriented.

Before he could get far with that reminiscing, a raspy voice chuckled from above him.

T'was a sudden sound; spine-tingling and unavoidable. Not what you'd want to hear while completely alone and woozy from a OHKO.

Smiley stiffly raised his head, all the way up. His scarlet eyes reflected the surgery's blazing lights and...

Something else.

A pair of unblinking eyes.

A grotesque smile, scratching and etching its image into his soul.

"What's up, doc?" A wheezy voice inquired, tailing off in laughter.

After a fleeting moment of terror, something clicked inside his head; dawning realisation that manifested itself into a dangerous guttural growl. 

Smiley lunged up and grabbed the perpetrator by their hoodie, clutching the bunched white fabric between his fingers in a death grip.

Screeching to high heaven all the way, the not-so-good doctor yanked Jeff right off his feet - the lil' crazy had been looking down at him, crouched on a table - and rammed him headfirst into the floor.

"YOU! YOU- HOW DARE  YOU PUT YOUR FLITHY SHOES ON MY SPOTLESS OPERATING TABLE!?"

The crazy killer landed sprawled out on the floor and did some sort of backwards crawl, until his back was pressed to a wall.

"It- It was in the name of- I've wanted to make that joke for years!" Jeff insisted, waving wild surrendering gestures over his own head.

An ominous look hung over Smiley's face as he closed in on Jeff.

Creases and folds on his surgical mask hinted that he was starting to smile. "Hush now, I'll help you... I'll help you a lot..."

Jeff shrank back.

"M-Mommy?"

~
Elsewhere in the world, a certain YouTube video was gaining likes and views by the second.

One hundred.
Two hundred.
Three hundred thousand.
One million.

It spiked pretty rapidly.

And Jane was raising an admirable amount of money in ad revenue in the process.

She sat behind her computer screen and cackled like a winning supervillain, rubbing her manicured hands together for further evil effect.

"With this money, I'll beat the profits of BEN's black market fridge business by eighty percent!"

The sassy creepypasta leaned back in her seat and wallowed in the achievement, so gleeful and glorious that she didn't hear any of the screaming from upstairs.