28: An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Awake!

Laboratory B7

A headache ticked relentlessly at the back of Smiley's skull, as he struggled to make out his surroundings. Focus for too long and things began to feel fuzzy.

He could feel his own pulse, frenzied blood beating through his cold wrists – something was clamped over them. Shackles? Must be.

Scarlet eyes half open, Smiley staggered to his feet, feeling his coat swishing with the momentum.

Just as he thought; his arms were bound above his head by steel. The binds looked relatively new and shiny. They reflected the dull ceiling.

It was a struggle to stand in his disoriented condition, so the not-so-good doctor fell.

A chain pulled taut, saving him from cracking his head open on the crumbly, checkered floor. Still, such sudden jerks and movements did make him dizzy. And nauseous.

A trickle of sweat weaved its way down his back.

What's happened to me?

Pulling his legs forward, he slowly straightened up – and this time Smiley took advantage of the chains above his head to stay upright.

His balance was wobbly at best.

I don't like this one bit...

There was no telling where he was, but he certainly knew who had taken him here. Vague flashbacks filtered through gaps in his thoughts; a forest clearing, snippets of conversation, two identifiable voices.

Smirky and Kagekao.

If he yelled, would anyone hear him?

Smiley's eyes – now fully open - darted left and right, taking in all the information they could collect.

Floor looked like an ancient tile chessboard, faded walls weren't in much better condition, the ceiling was dark and high up, a solitary florescent lightbulb was his only friend.

He could hear the lightbulb fizzing, crackling, and watched the light itself flicker at irregular intervals, tauntingly plunging him into momentary heart-stopping darkness.

Despair burrowed into his heart, threw down a suitcase and decided to stay there.

The not-so-good doctor knew that he was in no condition to break the shackles that kept him tied to the middle of the circular room like a centrepiece.

Flicker.

Just a flash of dark.

And then Smiley felt icy breath on his neck.

His heart leapt to his throat.

Flicker.

It was gone.

According to urban legends, it was impossible for creepypastas to get scared. According to the creepypastas themselves (especially Dark Link after BEN's twerking craze), it wasn't.

Barely daring to breathe, Smiley squeezed his eyes shut.

He could still hear the lightbulb fizzing.

Zzzzzpt.

Something snaked over his shoulders and wound around his throat; sharp claws. Cold sharp claws.

The not-so-good doctor reacted like any insane 'pasta would; he threw his head from side-to-side and tried to shake off the aforementioned popsicle claws.