Ch-7-SANGEET

Shanaya's POV
"Vishal!! Kriti!!" ,with that urgency I was looking them, all over the house. Framing a little nicely in the 'decorated fish market ' (note the sarcasm) or the WEDDING HOUSE...
Yes a typical wedding house with relatives : children running helter skelter, aunties gossiping about jewellery and on whose marrying next and men talking about stock market like they own it.
For now,"Vishal!!! KRITI'!!"
"Yes shanaya ? ", asked Kriti.They were preparing for sangeet decorations.
"Bring Siddharth and Vishal as well I need to talk to three of you.",I said.
"Yes maam kya hukum hai hamare liye?(what could we do for you?)",they chorused.
I am not performing in sangeet and I don't wish to give any explanation. " My voice was cracking as if I was about to cry and completing this sentence I fled to my room.
I started crying. It happened so that I can only perform for Di when I sing her favourite song first which happens to be his favourite song as well so when
I was practising HIS memories came back. I just cannot erase the past that easily.Whenever I think of Abhimanyu I get jitters from within.

Kriti's POV
Just as Shanaya fled away Sid asked,"Whats wrong with her why is she so weird?"
"She isn't weird Sid.. She isnt and on 'Whats wrong with her topic' we cant elaborate now." ,clarified Vishal and signalled me to go up to her.
*********
"Shanaya!! Shanaya !! ", I shouted banging the room door for the millionth time.
"Shanaya if you donot open door now I will call Di!! "
She slowly opened the door. I saw her face all red from crying . I slipped in and shut the door.
We sat at the edge of her bed and she put her head in my lap and started her second round of crying. Sometimes silent support is the best thing to do.
After a while I slowly asked, "Suddenly kya hua? (what happened suddenly?)"
She explained to me the whole thing and yes me and Vishal are such dumb people we told her to do this.
"sorry shanaya  its ok if you dont perform we will explain it to everyone and we just made up stuff Di and jiju didnt say you should perform so dont worry of that as well.That JERK has scared
your mind too badly. "
"Vishu would definitely have said LANGUAGE!!" ,she joked calming down herself.
"Yes thats the way you should be..always smiling. Now get up wash your face and come down to join us. "
"And yeah Sid was looking at you like you have grown 2 heads!" , I said moving towards the door of her room.
" We will make up something to tell him and you go I will be down in 10 min.", shanaya replied.
*****
I came down and was looking for Vishal and thats when I saw he was scolding a decorater for something ,he looks too adorable when angry.Yes, I have a crazy crush on my best friend or maybe love I dont know but somewhere around my sixteenth birthday it happened . I was sad because only Shanaya was the closest friend who had come to my birthday everyone else was there but my best friend was missing and Vishal was in Texas as an exchange student and I was sad thats when there was a knock on the door and it happened to be someone whose face was covered in a bouquet of my favourite collection of foreign chocolates . IT WAS VISHAL.
Yes he had decided to come home for Diwali and shifted the dates ahead to come to attend my birthday celebrations.Sometimes people donot have to do something grand even small little things touch your heart. The only problem is he has sisterly feelings for shanaya so would be for me.
"Ahem ahem... " ,fake coughed Sid to get my attention and continued, "If you are done with bird watching can we please proceed further with decorations?"
I felt my cheeks turning hot and pink.
"Wait a min you continue I will carry on with the decorations." ,he said as he continued to tease me.
"Kya chal raha yaha par.(what is going on here?)",asked Vishal suddenly approaching us. He eyed Sid suspiciously.
" Kuch nahi Kriti thoda concentration kho bethi thi usse sahi track pe laa raha tha!"(nothing...kriti lost a bit of concentration so i was helping her to get on track) Sid said smirking.
" Nice choice kriyu !" ,Vishal said eyeing Sid and making a face while going back to work
Wait what? Oh thank god he didn't understand what we were talking about..
***a little later***
3rd person's POV
The gang of Sid, Shanaya and Kriti were standing and having a coffee break with Drishti and Tanushree,shanaya's first cousin when Vishal entered the scene .
"Hey T how are you doing these days? ", he asked flirtatiously addressing Tanushree.
"Hey sweetheart my name being T is like old news now moreover like the name Siddy gave me 'Tanny' as in Tanushree?",she replied in a bitchy tone.
"Siddy?? " ,asked Kriti amusingly.
"Yes.. Darling any problem?",she asked as if she was not interested in talking to Kriti.
"No I think its perfectly fine name for Sid . Jisne naam diya uske level ke hisaab se hi hona chahiye.(no the name should be according to the standards of people who gave the name) " , Kriti could be a clear bitch if she wanted,she hated it when Vishal flirted with anyone but she could not take his insult.
"Whatever...I think Siddy we should practise now ." She was going to host the evening with Siddharth.
"And one more thing " , she continued, " Shanaya my sweet cousin I know you are all over excited maybe for Di's wedding but please dont dress up like a behenji(old school) today." She walked off before anyone could reply taking Sid along.
"Bitch!! " ,exclaimed Drishti amd Kriti.
"What does she think of herself huh??" ,asked Kriti.
"Leave it na.. " , said Shanaya, she was least interested in Tanushree.
" I agree " , said Vishal.
" Tum toh kuch na bolo toh hi better hoga... Should I tell your mom ke unhe unki hone wali bahu mil gyi hai? Huh? .. Ye bhi kahugi ki bahot nakchadi hai!" , (you dont speak anything..should i tell your mom that she got a daughter in law and i will even tell her that she is a bitch)asked Kriti showering all the anger on Vishal.
" YOU MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Okay? !" ,Vishal replied angrily.
"OKAY.. Meet me for practice in 10 min and donot try to talk to me.. Get it??" ,Kriti replied and walked out of the scene.
"Noone is interested in talking to a chipkalii!!!"(lizard!!) ,he shouted with a satisfied smirk that he had irritated her.
She didnt say anything but sent a middle finger emoji to him on Whatsapp.
**********the evening**********
Shanaya's POV
"Dad! Dad! " ,I stopped dad while he was taking a final round around the house to check all the arrangements and continued, " I kept the engagement ring in the locker please you go with mom and see if I got the proper one from the jewelry shop and I will go and see all the last minute arrangements."
"Thank you for managing so much beta. It was a gift that you are in our lives."
"No papa if you guys weren't there. I dont know where would I have been."
I thought dad was emotional because of Di's marriage.
I just hugged him.
" ha ha muhje toh koi pyar karo hi mat.. Mein toh paryai hone jaa rahi hu naa!"(noone loves me because i m going to go away now   ) ,Di chirped in .
We even engulfed her in a hug.
And all proceeded back to their work.
***********