CH-30-Mr and Mrs. Shah

Song of the chapter - Jab Tak from MS Dhoni
Shanaya's POV
Sun rays shot into my eyes and I woke up, found beside me this guy who was sleeping with his mouth half open and was making tiny snore voices, he was just a little kiddo, but MY kiddo.
He had his arms around me but I managed to struggle out. He looked deep in sleep god knows at what time he came back, and I too couldn't stay awake as I promised.
I decided to talk to him post getting ready, so closing his half open mouth, I went to the bathroom to get ready.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd person's pov
Shanaya got out of the bathroom, in a bright red salwar suit just like a new bride.
She joined her hands at the idol of ganesha kept in their room and decided to wake Sid up.
"Sid! Good morning!", she chirped shaking his shoulders.
"Bhaiya aaj Sunday hai! Sone do muhje!", Sid murmured in sleep and made Shanaya chuckle.
"Sid its me, Shanaya not Rishabh Jiju! Wake up its already 7:45!", Shanaya said making another attempt.
Sid jerked awake immediately.
"Oh! I forgot that I am married now!", he said in a sleepy voice.
"Who the hell wakes up at 7:45 on a Sunday morning?", Sid said still in a sleepy voice.
"I woke up at 7:00 dumbhead!", she said smacking his head.
"Ow! I returned at 3:00 am please let me sleep for a few minutes more!", he whined like a little baby.
"Oh I didn't know you got that late, its okay go to sleep I will wake you up later.", she said getting up from his side of the bed.
"Thank you Shanu, I love you, Bhagwan sabko aisi biwi de!", he murmured in half sleep stretching himself on the bed again.
Shanaya shook her head at her husband and got out of her room and moved down towards the kitchen.
"Good morning di! Good morning mom!", she wished as soon as she entered kitchen.
"Good morning!", they chorused.
"Did Sid wake up?", his mom asked.
"No mom, he got late from Hospital so he is still sleeping.", Shanaya said helping Drishti in making tea.
"He went to the hospital yesterday!?", Drishti asked surprised.
"He had an emergency, you never know when an emergency can strike when you are a doctor.", she replied.
"Still he shouldn't have just left you like that.", his mom commented.
" I only asked him to attend the patient, he didn't want to go.", Shanaya explained to silence both of them.
She then goofed around the kitchen trying to help, as she was not allowed to help till she made her first meal, which was at lunch.
"Why don't you go and wake Siddharth up? You can do that!", Sid's mom said.
She smiled and nodded advancing towards their room.
On the way, she saw that Rishabh and Sid's dad had woken up and she wished them good morning.

She entered the room to find that Sid wasn't there, the bed was neatly arranged.
She thought that he had already woken up and turned around to leave.
He was standing right behind her and she walked right into him.
He held her back from her waist and stared for a while with a smile.
"What?!", she asked.
"Nothing!", he said shaking his head which made tiny droplets from his freshly washed hair fell on her face.
"Dumbhead!", she exclaimed wiping off the droplets with her hand.
"Listen, we are going back to hospital tomorrow right? Preeti called to check up.", he asked remembering his task.
"Yes we are, I cannot stay away from work for a long time.", she said with a snile getting out of his hold.
Thank god, that CIMS allowed married couples together, provided they all the disciplinary rules.
"I know that Razia Sultana.", he said going to his cupboard taking his wallet and watch.
At the same time something shimmery fell out on the ground, Shanaya picked it up and saw it was her wedding gift, the half heart with her name.
"You are so careless Sid!", she exclaimed.
"Sorry, give it back, I will keep the neck piece!", he said trying to take it from her hand.
"No! Bow I will keep both of ours..as a sign of togetherness.", she said frowning and at last with a hint of a smile.
"Aye aye captain.. and ab jab hum juda ho tab tum yeh wapis karna, tum nahi toh tumhari nishaani hi sahi!", he said in full on drama mode.
Shanaya chuckled and hugged him thereafter, "Then I hope there never comes a day that I give this back to you."
"Same here!", he said kissing her forehead.
"I was asked to wake you up, can we go now?", she asked pulling away from the hug.
He nodded.
—————
At lunch, everyone enjoyed Kheer made by Shanaya and praised her a lot.
Shanaya was overwhelmed with all the love and support.
She then walked to her room to take some thing and Sid followed her.
"Shanaya the Kheer...", he started off looking down.
"Yes?", she asked a little confused.
What if he didn't like it?
After all she made it for him, it was his favorite.
"The salt....", He started off again.
"I didn't put any salt!", She retaliated, no one else told her about the kheer, were they trying to keep her happy, did she really get confused between salt and sugar?
"I was saying the salt......", he took a pause taking a sharp breath in and continued, "Salt is not used in Kheer, and was not even there! Woohoo!", he said grinning at the end.
Shanaya flung a pillow at him, and he averted it, she went near him to beat him but he held her tightly in his arms and there again, his eyes held her like nothing else did.
They got ready and went to Shanaya's place for Pakhphera rasam.
————————————
"Come on Shanaya we need to go to attend the new interns and PG students.", Preeti said entering Shanaya's cabin.
"Yes, I remember, We will even be their new faculties for basic introduction to specialisation courses.", Shanaya discussed.
They got out of her cabin and started walking towards the main auditorium.
"So how is the Mrs. Shah tag treating you?", she asked on a casual note.
"Its one week through and I love him more each day.", she said with a little bit of blush.
"You both are made for each other, stay together always.", she said with a genuine smile.
They entered the auditorium, Siddharth and Piyush were already present over there, giggling at something.
"What is so amusing?", Preeti asked.
"Nothing much.", Piyush said straight faced.
"Arrey, Kaise nothing much?! Preeti, Piyush finds some of the female interns too good looking, he has started looking for options, what about you?", Sid said instigating her.
"Was it Piyush or YOU?", Shanaya asked in a stern tone interfering in the conversation.
Sid gulped.
Preeti and Piyush chuckled, as Shanaya crossed her arms and raised her brows at Sid.
"You all are requested to be seated.", Jaitely sir announced.
Everyone took their seats and all the members of Doctor Team were seated in the first row.
"Sorry!", Sid whispered to Shanaya.
"Whatever!", Shanaya snapped.
Jaitely sir started his speech with general encouraging manner and it reminded the four of them of their first day.
First the orthopaedic team was called on stage to be introduced to students.
Piyush and his team went up and gave in a cheery introduction.
"Don't you think Piyush sir is really cute? I really feel unlucky not to be in Ortho field", a girl from second row whispered to her friend.
Preeti turned around shooting daggers with her eyes in the direction of that voice.
Shanaya and Sid grinned at her possessiveness.
Next was neurological department.
Preeti and Shanaya were to go up and the team gave a really good and proper introduction.
Post that they took their seat again.
"Shanu, I promise I wasn't checking them out! Okay maybe I said that all of them looked smart.", he said with a puppy face.
Shanaya's face broke into a smile.
And they concentrated on the events once again.
Various departments like, Anaesthesia, gastronomy, Physiotherapy, Radiology, etc., were introduced.
Cardiology department was next.
Sid walked up to the stage with his team and they really gave an amazing and cool welcome to the students.
"Hands down to the most charming man in CIMS.", a comment came as soon as Sid introduced himself.
Shanaya gave one look to Preeti and she giggled to glory.
The event was soon over and everyone went back to their work. Shanaya and Sid had truckloads of patient rush as they had taken 5 days leave for their marriage.
They heaved a sigh of relief as soon as it was lunch time.
The gang sat at their usual canteen table and were chatting on random topics.
Siddharth and Piyush went to order lunch.
Preeti and Shanaya both were looking at their phones when, "GOOD AFTERNOON MAAM!", a loud chirpy voice greeted.
Preeti and Shanaya's eyes shot up to look at this cheery voice.
It was a curly haired girl, wearing black kurta and grey slacks, had Kohl in her eyes and looked really pretty.
Shanaya and Preeti nodded with a little smile.
She sat down beside Shanaya, which was Sid's seat.
"Hii! I am Aditi Naik.", she said with a wide smile.
"Nice to meet you Aditi.", Shanaya said with a small smile.
"Achha, I really thought you two were appropriate and cool as faculties to ask this so I just wanted to get information about something.", she started.
She got nod of approval from both the girls.
Shanaya had got a feeling from her voice that she was the same girl who had commented about Sid's charms.
"Okay.. So how is Siddharth sir?", She asked bluntly.
Shanaya and Preeti gave her puzzled looks.
"I am in cardiology! I will be in his team, so I wanted to ask. Like is he chilled out types ya Khadoos? Well his introduction was good so I hope him not to be strict. You guys were with him in your intern days thats why I asked. Like how lucky you are to have him around, my batch has all boring boys. Siddharth sir looks really charming and all of you are such young professionals, Piyush sir is really cute as well. But Siddharth sir now makes me seem that cardiology was a good decision", she ranted for a good 10 minutes. Shanaya kept shooting daggers at her but she didn't realise it and Preeti was trying hard to control her laughter.
"Shanaya ma'am you seem the closest to him, like I saw you both talking in the morning. Did you guys go on a date like anytime?", she inquired.
Shanaya's eyes widened in shock and Preeti's attempt to not laugh failed miserably when she burst into laughter.
"Oh okay, I am sorry I shouldn't have asked that.", she said with a smile of apology.
Siddharth and Piyush returned with lunch.
"Oh..umm... thats my seat! Chalo no issues lets get another chair.", Sid said bringing himself a chair, sitting between Aditi and Piyush.
"Oh Hi! I am Aditi!", she said with a blush to Siddharth.
"Hey Aditi, you must be an intern?", Sid asked with a BIG smile.
Shanaya was tightly clenching her Kurta underneath the table, to Preeti, she looked like she would explode any time.
"So which section?", Sid inquired further.
"If you are in cardiology where else could I go?", She said with a grin.
"Hahaa! Thats so sweet of you Aditi dear.", Sid said giving her a little formal behaviour because he noticed Shanaya's glare.
"By the way, did you meet Shanaya?", Sid asked.
"Oh yeah! She is sweet, we were just talking when you came back.", she said smiling at Shanaya.
Shanaya threw back a fake smile.
"No, I meant, meet Shanaya Shah, my wife.", Sid said as politely as possible.
"Oh! Umm... Wait...Okay... Damn I screwed up again.SHIT!", Aditi ranted face palming.
Piyush and Preeti exchanged amused looks.
"Okay, I am really sorry Shanaya ma'am. I will see you all later.", Aditi said, getting up from the table and quickly disappearing to the other end of the canteen.
Sid looked at a fuming Shanaya with puppy eyes.
Preeti and Piyush straightened up observing Shanaya's serious behaviour.
Two minutes later Shanaya couldn't control her laughter and she burst out laughing and the other three joined.
They got back to their cabins and completed their work.
Shanaya waited for Sid to be back.
They got into the car and reached home talking about how their day went whilst reaching home.
The family time dinner was such a joy, whatever happened during the through day was discussed by everyone and it was the one meal that at least everyone had together as a family.
At night, as Shanaya was preparing to sleep, she was arranging the pillows when Sid held her waist from behind and swirled her around to face him.
"What are you doing?", Shanaya asked surprised.
"What?! Can I not even touch my own wife?", he asked.
"This is not touching, this is practically lifting her up above the ground without her knowledge.", Shanaya stated crossing her arms.
"Achha I had to give you something.", he said and took out a rectangular card.
It was a simple white card, where in bold Blue letters, it read:
Dr. Siddharth Shah (cardiologist)
Sidshah1234@gmail.com